Picture Me: A Model's Diary (Documentary Film)

hey just thought you guys might want to know that you can find a torrent of this documentary on kickasstorrents.com....I've wanted to watch this documentary for months, as I know many of you have as well. I downloaded it last night and when I woke up it was done....the file is legit. Enjoy....I'm going to watch it when I have some down time...

I kind of like how she made the models somehow accessible but the whole time i kept on thinking why doesn't she just suck it up and quit complaining.., she bought a ****ing house for christsake!! Catriona was adorable and i loved her more upbeat attitude.

I found it to be a really simple "introduction" of sorts to the industry if people aren't familiar with it. It wasn't thoroughly clear, but it gave a really good idea of a model's line of work.

I quite enjoyed it, it was interesting to see how the models reflected on the industry and how it treated them and what made it so enticing despite the fact they either had to put aside other dreams or still waiting for their big brake. It was also interesting to see some of the mini interviews with one of the designers and a photographer on new/young girls in the industry as well. It was also quite insightful to see the emotional and physical stress that the models go through after a long fashion and yet straight afterwards they still have to do photoshoots without much recuperation.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have Sundance channel, you might get another chance to watch this movie this week.
sorry I didn't get to mention that it was on today; I Tivo'd it to watch later

I just watched it this afternoon. It was a good document, maybe it didn`t go as deep as I tought it would, but definitely worth watching and it gives a different perspective. It was kinda weird to see some models` talking so honestly, even if they didn`t go into too much details, but you are so used to see them as "real live dolls", who don`t talk. The main problem seems to be that almost the whole industry treats these young girls as they were not human beings, and this leads to all other kind of problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that girls need to give back the money anyway. Agencies works with so many girls and they are not able to just let them go, when theirs contracts expire. Only few girls are able to have a big break and actually make some money for themselves and the agencies. They wouldn't be able to work, if they was taking money only from girls, who got big and famous. I also think, that agencies are helping them to get some let important stuff and just ear money and pay off all debts.

hi, i just found that post and give it a late response because no one properly ansewered.

A girl can't pay her debts back. Let's say, for instance, that a girl stays three months in NY and that she doesn't get any job, she gets a 8000$ debt (flat rent, flights, books, etc). No one can pay this back. Plus if you're 18, 20, whatever, you don't have any degree, you can be a cashier, well, then you need two years or more to "give it back". So when a girl is dropped by her agency, she just gets her debts "cancelled". Actually agencies don't keep girls who don't work in town or in models flats, they just send them home if it doesn't work for them. And, besides, sure the agency finds "small jobs" (no need to say most of the jobs are small jobs..) to girls with debts, but this isn't what you call "help", agencies have their percent on any job. that just means the girl is working without earning anything. imo that looks like modern slavery

I hope it's a bit clearer :flower:

^ what some agencies might do to recoup a model's debt is to give her what might be called a "bail-out booking" - This is a multi-girl campaign booking where she has a rather low key role but which rather miraculously pays the amount she owes!! What actually happens is that her agent package-books her with another model (who's not in debt) and they siphon the money off her!
This (read the last paragraph) might be an example.

if you are an amazon prime member you may view the documentary for free through amazon.

i watched it again last night. its amazing that no one has gotten the sleazy photog on tape hassling models. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->