Pictures Of Your Magazine Collection

^^^ Loving the scattered, disheveled and the messiness!

Lovely, mike. Very archival room; the no-nonsense clinical shelves add to the clean lines perfectly. But, I'm missing the old bookstore pile vibe of the mess before!
Thanks Phuel :flower: I like the archival feel too. I kinda liked the mess of all those piles before as well, and I’m sure I’ll end up with new messy piles again because I hardly have any room left on the shelves for new additions :rofl: But it will only take a bit longer than before because thank god magazines aren’t as good as they used to be.

Did you ship them all, or is that just how you packed the magazines??
Nah that is just how I keep them at the moment until I have my room ready. Those are some of the original packages they came in.

Do you guys prefer to have your collection flat or standing up? I've just started considering and experiment with having them standing up rather than flat, but I'm unsure what this would do to the long term stress.

Don't know if I should post in this thread: I am currently in my parent's place in my hometown where I store most of my magazine collection. As I am flipping through some old issues, I found that some pages are stick together probably because of humidity? It breaks my heart to see pages being damaged when I try to split the sticked pages and find marks or stains on the pages afterwards. I want to ask if anyone know how to prevent this from happening? I guess this must be a very common issue for old magazines and books, especially for thin paper type as Vogue US or Paris use?

BTW, I will try to post pics of my collection once I am back to my place.

This happened to me, yesterday I just opened some boxes where I put a lot of my old magazines few years ago before I moved abroad. Some of the magazines pages were kinda sticked to each other (Mostly Vogue Paris and UK), but it's still salvageable, literally spending my day today opening the pages of those magazines one by one to 'unstick' them. Some of the pages has some of the ink slightly transferred but nothing major. Anyway I tried to look at the silver lining, the condition of those magazines could be worse since its been in the boxes for more than 8 years, and I can always repurchase the magazine again later in the future, but for now I don't really mind it.

I think for those who keep magazines inside cardboard boxes, don't keep it for too long inside.

^those Vogue Korea looks quite thick

Slightly off-topic (and pardon me for the quality of the spines since most of them are vintage), but
here's my Playboy collection from 1986-2013. I'm hopeful that I will find a copy with Elle, Cindy, Christy, Steph, Kate, etc. on the cover soon. y2kNAU-h.jpg

I have the Kylie Jenner Playboy lol

That's a great find! Issues around 2016-2020 had the most cohesive layouts that this magazine have had.

It's tempting to buy stapled issues of Playboy, but they don't look good in a magazine rack.

That's a great find! Issues around 2016-2020 had the most cohesive layouts that this magazine have had.

It's tempting to buy stapled issues of Playboy, but they don't look good in a magazine rack.

Thats funny thing, people thought it was the death playboy with their new direction but honestly the photography improved, they brought on some of the best such as David Bellemere.

Anyway aside from that, I dont think I have ever gave you guys an update to my shelf collection. The previous picture was it in its infancy per say. I organized it a while ago, and also have everything upright to save more space.

^ Now I understand why Vogue Korea's July 2021 issue was a bestseller. Wow! How many pages does that issue have?

^ Now I understand why Vogue Korea's July 2021 issue was a bestseller. Wow! How many pages does that issue have?

I got no idea. Its a collectors edition, a lot of the pages go through all of the covers of Vogue Korea up to that point I believe.

I got no idea. Its a collectors edition, a lot of the pages go through all of the covers of Vogue Korea up to that point I believe.
Omg Unfortunatelly i missed and im trying till this day to find a copy

Omg Unfortunatelly i missed and im trying till this day to find a copy
Any Vogue Korea is hard to get usually. I made sure to get my issues from the moment they came available at Conde Nast Worldwide News.

Any Vogue Korea is hard to get usually. I made sure to get my issues from the moment they came available at Conde Nast Worldwide News.
I wish i could do that, but unfortunatelly i dont receive in GBP, i have to cut something in one month to get it on the next month :cry:

Thankfully i get my korean mags on shoppe, its like a ebay and they have international sellers with the best prices

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->