Pink wants you to come out of the closet

cosmogrl5

Fashionably Late
Reaction score
I think this pretty cool. :D

Pink Helps Launch ‘National Coming Out Day’ Project

As the country looks to celebrate National Coming Out Day on October 11, a day set aside every year to honor gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and straight Americans living openly and supporting equality, the Human Rights Campaign is proud to announce the participation of Grammy Award winning artist and international singer, Pink.
“Pink is one of millions of straight Americans who supports fairness and honesty for everyone – GLBT or straight,” said Human Rights Campaign President Joe Solmonese. “This project will show the faces of countless Americans who support openness over painful silence and isolation. Young people who are afraid to come out will see these pictures and faces and know that they are not alone.”

For more information on the Human Rights Campaign’s Coming Out Day Project please visit: www.hrc.org/comingout. To find out more information or to participate in the newly launched “Project Snapshot” go to: www.hrcsnapshot.org

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/2006/09/27/pink-helps-launch-national-coming-out-day-project/

Last edited by a moderator:
Any celebrity candidates to launch the 'We Already Guessed, So Please Mince Right Back In There Day' Project? What's the value of Pink's being straight to some frightened gay kid in Pennsyltucky? I'd be so glad some straight chick is willing to have a nice Public Service Announcement and photo op for my sake. Will she personally beat up one's junior high gay-bashing imbeciles?: Well, Pink sez I'm cool, so you!

That'll work. I can feel the Consciousness Raising already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought she was a lesbian.

Actually this is a good cause-I know that in April there is the National Day of Silence which is to draw attention to GLBT causes and people who participate stay silent during the day. It was done at my school with overwhelming success, figure at least 100-150 people in our school did it. However I don't know if it will have much impact in the parts of our oh-so-great country where homosexuality is seen as a sin and perversion.

I don't know what to say anymore about all these special days!
There is too many of them to count and too many to keep in track.
Honestly, I'm sick of all these special organized days......it's trouble!

Yeah well if Phil comes out of the closet, Pink isn't the one who'll be sleeping in the back yard.

I think she has been openly bi for a while, but I admit I don't really follow her career, so I could be wrong about that.

Retro said:
I always thought she was a lesbian.

Me too :innocent:

When I read the title of this thread I thought she had finally come out herself...:lol:

i personally think this is very good, people always moan that celebrities dont use their fame for good, but when they do try to do something good they still get complained at :innocent:

I have to say I applaud Pink for her support of the GLBT community....

....but I really think what's important, especially they're seeking a role model for people to feel confident about coming out, that person should actually be G, L, B or T....

and if Pink is an "out" bisexual....what kind of example is she setting by being a married bisexual....that an open relationship is okay???

....sorry, that just makes it even more confusing....and more hate ammo for those against the GLBT community....

I guess any support is good support in this cause:flower:

purechris said:
and if Pink is an "out" bisexual....what kind of example is she setting by being a married bisexual....that an open relationship is okay???

i don't understand.. can't you be bisexual and at the same time faithful to the man or woman you have chosen [and in this case married]? :unsure:

I guess you can.....

I just don't believe it......

of course, I've never understood the concept of bisexuality sooooo:innocent:

If she (or anybody) has chosen one sex over and remains faithful in that relationship, that would make her straight, no? And if she was with a woman that would make her gay, right?

see how it gets confusing???

Ugh, I hate Pink so no matter what good deed she does, I'm still going to think that she's doing it just to get some attention :ninja:

Can't stand her :yuk:

purechris said:
I guess you can.....

If she (or anybody) has chosen one sex over and remains faithful in that relationship, that would make her straight, no? And if she was with a woman that would make her gay, right?

Exactly! :clap:

purechris said:
I guess you can.....

You weren't kidding when you said you can't understand the concept. That's the same as thinking that being single makes you asexual.

Uchina said:
You weren't kidding when you said you can't understand the concept. That's the same as thinking that being single makes you asexual.

Haha, that's so not the same thing. :innocent: I think purechris has a very valid point, and while I agree with him, I'd like to hear the other side of the story as well. :smile:

Not my favorite artist in the world! But I'm glad that she's supporting this. My cousin is gay and he's not quite open about that to everyone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
us4848
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->