Please Help Me With My Homework/Research/Survey

Sorry, not an Italian :cry:

Does anyone have some tips for memorizing a monoluge? I have one tommorow for drama... :flower:

reading it out loud.. memorising one line... then repeating it... then the next line and repeating out loud by heart the first 2 lines.... etc ..... :flower: good luck!

actually I still need help with another part of my homework.. if someone could help...! :wink: :flower:

I need to make a book for my class picture and experiencing the picture (don`t know how to describe it better in English). We need to make a book that shows our learning process. The book is mostly going to show collages we made for the class and two advertisements and it`s about "style"groups (i mean people by groups). I want to make a book that looks different from a regular book, but i have not much ideas so far and i want it too look professional and creative, so if anyone has a good idea! Also ideas on how to bind a book? THanks so much everyone!!!

^ Nelly, you can always buy a sort of personal journal with a nice cover and stick your collages inside? :flower: Good luck with your work!

Help for Lanvin Homework: Introducing Lanvin to the States

Hello everybody
I know I've been away for a long time, but now it's time to come back with a bunch of new ideas and projects in the fashion line....
Hope someone can give me a couple of ideas/hints to the following question:

How could you introduce Lanvin to the American market?

It is for school and it will include an entire Collection Planning: From the Sales Analysis through the Competitors Analysis till some propositions for what could be the Lanvin RTW for the States. Sure it is more business than creativity in style, but when one thinks about licensing the whole t-shirt family, interesting questions arise... What would Americans prefer (I think about those at the EastCoast:( Delicate, embroidered tops in silk that are too fragile for everyday or rather minimalistic tops?
Any ideas, welcome, and I'll even try to approach the Lanvin staff itself.. :ninja:
But for some reason, I think this forum is the best source for fashion-related ideas... Thank guys, and if one of the mods could put this topic as an independant one, it would be awesome.

love, :flower:
iconemod

Last edited by a moderator:
iconemod said:
Hello everybody
I know I've been away for a long time, but now it's time to come back with a bunch of new ideas and projects in the fashion line....
Hope someone can give me a couple of ideas/hints to the following question:

How could you introduce Lanvin to the American market?

It is for school and it will include an entire Collection Planning: From the Sales Analysis through the Competitors Analysis till some propositions for what could be the Lanvin RTW for the States. Sure it is more business than creativity in style, but when one thinks about licensing the whole t-shirt family, interesting questions arise... What would Americans prefer (I think about those at the EastCoast:( Delicate, embroidered tops in silk that are too fragile for everyday or rather minimalistic tops?
Any ideas, welcome, and I'll even try to approach the Lanvin staff itself.. :ninja:
But for some reason, I think this forum is the best source for fashion-related ideas... Thank guys, and if one of the mods could put this topic as an independant one, it would be awesome.

love, :flower:
iconemod

Good to have you back again Iconemod :flower:... unfortunately I am very unaware of the American market, the only thing I saw American buyers choosing in their entirety was a lot of eveningwear, there must be a higher demand for officially social attire, I wonder if you witnessed that yourself in Paris, most of the time, a full-on cocktail dress can be a little overdressed when you are out for some dinner...

As for the competitors, definitely Rochas, Balenciaga, Proenza Schouler, Narciso Rodriguez, Oscar de la Renta, Dior, Chanel... all of those in the height of couture, with the same high pricetag.

As in most of the markets, shoes and accessories should be more reliable sellers than 3000€ gowns and mink coats, how´s the Lanvin handbags range, do they produce any desirable shapes these days?

Hope this was of any help for you :flower:

I think:

At the very begining, you should have idea about "what is your maket segmentation?" Then, all your plans and processes should considered that as the core.

well, i'm not a buyer (obviously) or a businesswoman... but as a consumer, here's my two cents:
i read somewhere about balenciaga's strategy... get everyone addicted to their massively successful handbag, and soon they start incorporating womens wear into their collection...
to start with, most people would rather 'splurge' on a handbag or pair of shoes, than on womenswear... it makes it one of the most accessible parts of a collection.
editorial coverage in magazines is also VERY influential... get pieces in harper's, elle, vogue, WWD, W and that will generate buzz... and people really listen to what magazine's predict as the next "MUST HAVE"...
and it seems the kind of items that happen to get featured are more "novelty" dressy tops with eyecatching details, simple coats (more accessible to start off with than for example, a mink), a killer pair of shoes or an "it" bag.
with lanvin particularly, their handbags are starting to get some attention... particularly their kansas handbags. i've seen some beautiful trenches from them that could be dressed up or down... i think also some simpler, shorter cocktail dresses would be very successful

Help needed for my final English essay.... not long at all, should take around 2-3 minutes for those that have english as first language.... , since this is for an english as second language course!!

Can someone help me now!? :flower: :heart:

This is the brief for a project I am doing. The brief is based on one of the predictions forseen for AW 2007-08 season in Internation Textiles magazine. The prediction is;

Little Treasures
Life takes place in the details. The "small" becomes important and emphasis is placed on the preservation of of special and precious objects. Embedding, wrapping or encasing our discoveries offer essential clues fro structural forms and constructed textiles. Images prodcued from the "small", the detail, can offer a glimpse of the world not normally seen.

I need help creating ideas based on this topic relating to any aspect of fashion particularly womenswear. I need names of designers who have used this theme before and anything else relating to it.
Thanks.

^ Perhaps DVF has based some of her prints on something small enlarged? Might be someplace to look ...

Hi everyone,

The book worked out, i made one myself. But Kimkhuu, thanks for your advice. I need to make a collage of plastic surgery and i want a fake looking model, a sort of doll like, i want to make a futuristic looking picture. the idea behind it is: in 50 years all people will look the same like perfect plastic dolls.If anyone can find a good pic, preferably a headshot (with shoulders?).. i`ve been searching the whole day! and nothing yet.. And i`m also looking of the pic of Doutzen Kroes face from the side on the Vogue cover, with long sidewards blowing hair, Steven Meisel shot it. But i need it without the Vogue text on it and in a high resolution as possible. Thanks everyone:smile:!!!:flower:

Project

Hey you guys happy new year...yes its rather late but hey..
Anyways i have a big project coming up soon and this project basically states whether i can get an myp diploma. It can be on anything whatsoever and well i wanted to do something on fashion and i was wondering whether you guys could help me with topics something that i could probably write about and appealing to read, if you guys could help me it would be great.
Thanks!

Champagne&Dreams said:
Hey you guys happy new year...yes its rather late but hey..
Anyways i have a big project coming up soon and this project basically states whether i can get an myp diploma. It can be on anything whatsoever and well i wanted to do something on fashion and i was wondering whether you guys could help me with topics something that i could probably write about and appealing to read, if you guys could help me it would be great.
Thanks!
anybody?

I have to do two film reviews for my English class, does anyone ahve any recommendations?

Champagne&Dreams said:

Trend forecasting is an interesting topic... I did a report on it for my class and I got quite a good grade on it.... Found plenty of my info right here on TFS. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->