Plot to kidnap Monaco royals (the Casiraghi's)

christina126

Reaction score
this is so scarry! :o

Plot to kidnap Monaco royals
July 16

Matthew Campbell
trans.gif
FRENCH police are investigating a threat against the children of Princess Caroline of Monaco after an anonymous tip-off about a plot to kidnap them in Paris.
Monaco’s police and its Paris embassy received the warning on Wednesday evening from an unidentified caller who claimed that the three children were in danger of being abducted this weekend.

NI_MPU('middle');French police declined to go into details but a source in Monaco said the threat was being taken “seriously” and “calmly” by the family. Security arrangements for the children were under review.
Caroline is the sister of Prince Albert II, who recently celebrated his first anniversary in power after the death last year of Prince Rainier III, his father. Her children — Andrea, 22, Charlotte, 20, and Pierre, 18 — are icons of the international jet set as well as candidates to inherit the Monaco throne if bachelor Albert fails to produce an heir.
The motives of the plotters were unknown. France began a weekend of celebrations on Friday to mark the storming of the Bastille in the revolution of 1789 and Caroline’s children were expected to be in Paris. It was believed to be the first such threat against members of Monaco’s ruling family.
The media spotlight on Albert and his sisters, including Princess Stéphanie, “wild child” of the centuries-old Grimaldi clan, has shifted to the younger generation. Caroline’s children, as well as Jazmin, a 14-year-old Californian whom Albert recently acknowledged was his illegitimate daughter, are the latest obsession of the French glossy magazines.
Charlotte’s good looks and elegance have prompted comparisons with Grace Kelly, her actress grandmother, who married Rainier in 1956. Kelly’s death in a car crash in 1982 was one of the first in a string of misfortunes to hit the family and prompt talk of a “curse of the Grimaldis”.
The handsome Andrea is said to have a “tempestuous” temperament. Caroline has urged her brother to take him under his wing and give him a role in the administration of the tiny principality. Stefano Casiraghi, Andrea’s father and a dashing Italian business magnate, was killed in a power boat accident off Saint Jean-Cap-Ferrat in 1990. A heartbroken Caroline moved her young family to a small village in rural France where the children were shielded from public gaze in the hope that they would lead normal lives. For this reason Charlotte, a law student in Paris, was not given the title of princess, although it is her birthright. Caroline subsequently married Prince Ernst August Hanover, a cousin of the Queen, and the couple divide their time between Paris, Monaco and Germany.

trans.gif

www.timesonline.co.uk

i can't believe that, of all the royals out there the monaco royals are the most down to earth and have the most freedom. i feel sad for the casiraghi trio

are you shure this isn't just a tabloid story because i don't really trust the british press, they often tell lies to sell magazines..if this were true, you would think that the french press would be all over this..
i think i will have to check this out

if that's true, then that really blows. i would be very fearful if i were them. but i think they will have tight security.. since they have the money and they're royals.
but it must be frightening for them. :(

I think it's laughable to try to kidnap Andrea or Pierre. Charlotte maybe, but I can't imagine Andrea or Pierre getting kidnapped.

eternitygoddess said:
I think it's laughable to try to kidnap Andrea or Pierre. Charlotte maybe, but I can't imagine Andrea or Pierre getting kidnapped.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Girls, especially cute royal ones, are so much more kidnappable. Boys have had an easier time of it, if you don't count the Lindbergh baby, and that's just because he was a baby, which is something like being a girl, I guess. I'm thinking more Robert Louis Stevenson's Kidnapped, that was about a boy, Davie Balfour. He seemed to have a pretty good time of it. Girls would just be all moping and bitching the whole time. Kidnap a man, even a young man or teenager, and it's an adventure, you know?

Anyway, stay poor and you won't get kidnapped. Maybe abducted or disappeared, if you're especially helpless or troublesome, but rest assured no one will hold you for ransom. And if you're not particularly attractive, it might not even make the news!

Stay Safe, Grimaldis! We're pulling for you! I would come to play baccarat, but I've got to make rent first!

I wouldn't mind kidnapping Pierre all for myself. :brows:

Last edited by a moderator:
miss_brightside said:
I wouldn't mind kidnapping Pierre all for myself. :brows:

i think Sable might join you for that one :lol: :innocent:

he would be easy to kidnap anyway, hes always drunk when i see him!

Considering that they're famous and royal I'm sure there have been multiple plots to kidnap them. There have probably been a million more plots to kidnap the Princes of England as well--- we just don't hear about it too often.

I'm sure it wasn't a serious threat or it'd be all over the press.

who'd want to pay the ransom?- the casiraghi's take pointless royality to a whole new level...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->