Point and Shoot Cameras and Fashion Photographers who use them Professionally

ErrolE

Reaction score
Hello Fashion Spotters,

I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year. I was wondering, is there any fashion photographers in the business who just strickly use a point and shoot. I know terry did before but not anymore. But i would love to see work from these types of photographers who just use the basics and get things published in magazines.

Also I have been following Terry Richardson and i see he use a bracket on his camera. But is that all E-TTL with the flash or is it Manual?

I don't know if this is the right form but thank you so much for the insight.

I love the title you gave this thread :lol: :lol:

Juergen Teller seems to fit the aesthetic you were describing and IMO, he's worse than Richardson when it comes to point and shoot photography (read: just uses the basics).

Your welcome LordZen :smile:

And Juregen Teller. I seen his work and your right. He just use the basic of just a flash on top camera. No need for big lights. I mean some of his stuff is interesting, but it falls on editing, hair, MUA, etc... But it does show you can do alot and get paid alot with less.

sometimes, not always point and shoot...
Ryan McGinley
Nan Goldin
Lina Scheynius
Ben Rayner
Dan Martensen

Point and Shoot Camera's and the photographer's that use them professionally

Hey FashionSpotters how are you?

I don't know if this is a cool trend to start but its worth a shot. I was wondering, we see many photographers using big cameras and what not.. But what about those who use Point and Shoot digital cameras like Rioch, Canon G series, etc... to get in magazine and cover shots and stories in the likes of Vogue, V, W, Elle and all those other magazines.

If you can post the photographers name, Camera, and even what shots they took.

Hope all is well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is thist a topic that you can contribute to, as well? It might keep the thread alive rather than just bumping it. Or are you just looking for information for a project?

I did a search to look for infomation about Terry Richardson to post here. As a result, I found that you started this thread before, so I'm merging them, since we like to have only one thread per topic.

Thank you Betty T. Its a little of both actually. Project and also seeing if there are any published work with photographers who use point and shoots like canon g12 and stuff like that. Or is everything big dslrs and nothing more.

Cause I know people say its not the camera but the photographer. But it seems like its the camera before the photographer persay.

I will def. be contributing.

Miko Lim

Miko Lim

Attachments

• 143gpcz.jpeg
    143gpcz.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 3588768924_ffee5f3794.jpeg
    3588768924_ffee5f3794.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 0
  • caleb-halstead-by-miko-lim-07.jpeg
    caleb-halstead-by-miko-lim-07.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 2
  • girl.jpeg
    girl.jpeg
    446.1 KB · Views: 0
Point and shoot fashion

Minolta AF tele super

Attachments

• 0laP_S1.jpg
    0laP_S1.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 6
Point and shoot #2

Canon Zoom XL film compact

Attachments

• SYD-8ab.jpg
    SYD-8ab.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 8
Who photographed these G(uk)? And how was it shot if you know.

compact camera trend

Hello everyone. We all know alot of fashion photographers use big cameras Hasselblad, Canon 5dmk2, 7d, 40d, Nikons, etc...

But do you see any photographers or do you know any up and coming photographers that might use small cameras to get high paid work ie canon g series, nikon P700 PnS, Rioch GR?

this is a great topic for a thread..I'm wondering that myself!

Yeah because i been really into carrying smaller cameras. I don't know if I can post my website on here but it is my user name. But like I have the 40d and XT i would love the 7d or 60d. But i decided to purchase a g12 and i love it and been shooting alot with it. But this been a wonder of mine sinice I do more "fashion" work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxycakes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->