Pointy Toes Or Round Toes

TheSweetest

Reaction score
softgrey suggested i make this thread and MissPurple agreed. i, personally am very curious to know what you think of the different toe styles: are either of them pase, classic, tacky, boring?

I'll start. I love round toe shoes. I think they will be in for a while. They give one a very sweet look. But if worn wrong, they can look boring. I also love pointy toe shoes. I think they are classic. They are at times very sweet, sleek, sophisticated, and sexy. But then again they can be so very, very tacky. I think neither are dated. I think it's all in how you wear them.

pointy toes and round toes give totally different looks, I don't think there's something like "these are in, those are out" between them, and neither of them is replacing the other IMO.
I wear pointy toes more often, but I do like them both, and it also depends on the outfit I'm wearing.
as for tacky/ugly/boring/bad, any shoe could be like that, doesn't matter if they are pointy or round toes, I think it really depends on that particular pair of shoes, and of course, the whole outfit.

It depends on the outfit and the individual, of course. Personally, I prefer round toes. Points just seem a bit too aggressive for me.

Yeah, they're both classic. While there may be a short period of time where one is more relevent then another, they're both eternal. Personally I love a pointed toe for a closed toe, but some round toes look great. I think that it really depends on the style of the shoe, like for instance, a pointed toe pump with open sides and an ankle strap with a 4+ inch heel. That to me screams sexy, sophisticated glamourous. The you take a round toe, thick heeled closed mary-jane style pump, it says pretty, soft and girlish. I mean, you can't say one is better then the other, they're too different.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 10th, 2004 - 6:53 am
Personally, I prefer round toes. Points just seem a bit too aggressive for me.
me too, i can't wear pointy shoes, i've been wearing just trainers during the whole recent pointy shoes era :ninja:

i'm thrilled with the emerge of round toes as a major trend,
next to them (in my humble opinion) pointies look very boring and tired.

its also a great boost for the shoes industry.

most of my friends have already locked their pointies until further notice,
their problem is they now need a whole new look.
(got my first 'new' round toe pair last summer and i just keep adding)

cudos to Elbaz for bringing them back at lanvin :heart:

thanks for the topic theSweetest :flower:

I wear both but...

HURRAY FOR POINTIES!!

They make me look so much longer, thinner, cool.. I just love 'em.

Toe shapes are like skirt lengths nowadays - anything goes.

But the general trend is towards round toes. As someone who likes her comfort I'd go for round everytime - pointed hurts my feet!

I like a rounded (not too pointy) point instead of a snub on a woman...most of my shoes come to a point (I mainly detest loafers)...

I like round-toes with skirts and pointy toes with wide-leg pants.

4s0799a_lg.jpg

both :heart: they both bring different dimensions to outfits . . . :flower:
i don't have a preference at all . . i wear flat ballet pumps w/round toes, pointy flats, round toe mary janes . . . pointy kitten heels the list goes on . . . so much more variety :flower: without the variation shoes would be SO boring. :doh:
the same pair of flats can be transformed by the toes . . pointy/round. i think both are FAB?!! :woot:
i don't pay any attention to trends when it comes to pointy/round toes as they're both classic staples in my shoe 'collection' . . .
one good thing about pointy toes is that they do elongate the leg . . always a good thing :smile:

ICLstuddedpump.jpg

i am purchasing these round toes this week.

Sugarstripedespadrille.jpg

and these pointy toes when i can....afford it.

just thought id share the small bit of happiness in my life. :heart:

lovely ^^
i like ROUND toes but pointed toes just look so much better with pants :flower:

woooooooo i :heart: pointees and round toes those shoes were gorgeous! :heart: :heart: but over all i go 4 pointie flats :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->