Pointy Toes Or Round Toes

Pointy toe shoes can make ones feet look really long, especially if you have big feet already. other than that they can be nice with the right outfit. :flower:

Originally posted by Spike413+Apr 10th, 2004 - 7:30 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spike413 @ Apr 10th, 2004 - 7:30 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Apr 10th, 2004 - 5:20 pm
i like both, but i find round toe more humane
:lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i live by these rules:

a pointed toe only looks good with a pant. NEVER wear a pointed toe with a skirt or dress.

a round toe can go with a skirt, dress or pants.

an in between- slightly pointed/slightly round can go with a skirt, pants, or a dress.

Originally posted by Spike413+Apr 10th, 2004 - 7:30 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spike413 @ Apr 10th, 2004 - 7:30 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Apr 10th, 2004 - 5:20 pm
i like both, but i find round toe more humane
:lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
I actually agree. :ninja:

I prefer round toe shoes. I've quite a number of pointy heels but I tend to wear them less due to extreme discomfort.

I just bought these yesterday...

1616_13065_dt.jpg

glad you decided to make this thread the sweetest...

personally, i like both...depending on various factors...my mood being the foremost factor...then the outfit, event and weather...

i agree with leyla and others that pointy toes look great w/ slacks...but a basic black manolo-with a pointy toe...looks amazing with a skirt as well...(-sorry pears and apples -i completely disagree with your 'rule' about that)... :flower:

i continue to wear both...but find myself much more drawn to the rounder toe these days...

ps-love those little org flats oceanharlot

Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 12th, 2004 - 2:29 am

i agree with leyla and others that pointy toes look great w/ slacks...but a basic black manolo-with a pointy toe...looks amazing with a skirt as well...(-sorry pears and apples -i completely disagree with your 'rule' about that)... :flower:

i should have specified more... sorry! when i say a pointed toe, i mean a very elongated one.

a shorter pointed toe looks wonderful with a skirt... [that is what i meant by slightly pointed/slightly rounded] :flower:

Originally posted by pearsandapples+Apr 12th, 2004 - 1:45 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pearsandapples @ Apr 12th, 2004 - 1:45 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Apr 12th, 2004 - 2:29 am

i should have specified more... sorry! when i say a pointed toe, i mean a very elongated one.

a shorter pointed toe looks wonderful with a skirt... [that is what i meant by slightly pointed/slightly rounded] :flower: [/b][/quote]
cool-i don't ever really like a very pointed toe...lol :P

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Apr 12th, 2004 - 6:54 am

I just bought these yesterday...

1616_13065_dt.jpg
those are cute ocean :heart:

Originally posted by pearsandapples@Apr 11th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
i live by these rules:

a pointed toe only looks good with a pant. NEVER wear a pointed toe with a skirt or dress.

I disagree actually. Depending on the shoe and the skirt/dress, it can actually look really good. For some reason I envision a simple black minidress with long sleeves, body conscious and reletively covered up, paired with a very simple, high heeled pointie toe shoe. Miniskirt+Pointed toe stilletoes=Long, sexy legs.

being 1.76 it happens to wear big size shoes (40)
so with pointed shoes my feet look huge, i just can't bear the length of them -on me, or on any tall girl. a slightly curved pointy is acceptable with trousers.

well shaped rounded toes (not the Camper kind)
make my feet look much 'smaller' and in proportion. :P
i find rounded heels a-la lanvin or Mark Jacobs quite sexy,
even though round toe flats are everywhere for ss04,
its quite hard to find a real decent, funky shape.

guess :lol: ..i'm quite peculiar with shoes :ninja:

Simple solution for you Lena, move somewhere with an eteranlly warm temperature and wear open shoes. No need to worry about foot proportions anymore!

Originally posted by Spike413@Apr 12th, 2004 - 9:38 am
Simple solution for you Lena, move somewhere with an eteranlly warm temperature and wear open shoes. No need to worry about foot proportions anymore!
:lol: i do live in relatively warm climate (mediterenean :heart: )

no problems with choice of shoes here,
its just the pointies that are no good for me :wink:
there have always been pointies alternatives,
like my adorable thin sole suede trainers
-which through the years i've worn with practically everything, including eveningwear - not to mention made to order exclusives :P

it's so true that if you have big feet, pointies make your feet look even longer and bigger, and weird. a pair of nice shaped round toes are so much prettier in that case.

im sometimes a size 39 and i mostly wear pointed (NOT pointy) shoes and still people are suprised when they find out my feet are big!
they think im a size 36 :lol:

ty guys. laredoute rules.

when you wear high heels, dont your feet look smaller because the elevation fools the eye? i always thought that was part of the appeal.

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Apr 13th, 2004 - 3:52 am
ty guys. laredoute rules.

when you wear high heels, dont your feet look smaller because the elevation fools the eye? i always thought that was part of the appeal.
that's true...as a general rule... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueskin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->