POLL: Are you satisfied with Raf’s Dior?

POLL: Are you satisfied with Raf’s Dior?

• Total voters
I think raf should just have his own women's wear line, he's a good designer...just not at Dior

I liked Raf in the beginning at Dior...but no longer. He should go, Olivier should come in, although I don't think anyone will ever beat or replace Galiano.

My answer is no. His collections are pretty underwhelming, especially when you compare it to Galliano's collections. When I think of Dior, I think of something grand, exuberant and lively and Raf's vision doesn't quite match these descriptions.

You know, when christian dior did created his new looks with inspiration from pre ww2 fashions, he got rid of the minimal clean lines of the 30s and 40s and brought back the cinched waist and detail and feminism. The only new thing was lifting the skirt hems. The an created gowns that used massive amounts fabric and we're loaded with beadwork. This is the man who was told by Coco Chanel that he dressed his women like armchairs. Christian dior was inspired by the past, not the future. There was always a lot of romance and emotion and feminism in his designs. Raf is the complete opposite

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->