Polos and rugby shirts on girls

Bel

Reaction score
Lately I've noticed a ton of girls wearing guys' shirts. Very preppy, Abercrombie style polos and rugby shirts. Is this only at my school or are other people noticing this trend too? I love the look--long, feminine hair, girly jeans, and a loose rugby shirt.

It's popular, especially with Ralph Lauren and the new Gucci line for women has a rugby shirt if you look at their website. I wanna get a rugby shirt for uni! I think it looks cute!

I don't really see this as a trend.... if you meant oversized t shirts yes, but I don't think its really inspired from "guys' shirt".

I'd love to see more pics of this. :flower:

the only acceptable reason for a women in a man's shirt is for the morning after (!)

thats pure travota

missing credits

Last edited by a moderator:
i wear my boyfriend's blue and white striped monarska tshirt from Croatia that is the sailor's t shirt.

Woooah high school flashback , I remember rugby shirts being in a few years ago , I'm not a fan.

meandthebees said:
long, feminine hair, girly jeans, and a loose rugby shirt.

Lots of girls in my school do it too but they don't wear them loose, they look quite tight.

i much prefer them tight myself but i'd swear those are certainly not a 'trend' at least where i come from

excuse me...but how is a rugby or polo a GUY'S shirt?...
it's pretty much unisex...
or are you just referring to the large size?...

anyway...it was popular in my high school too...in the early 80's!!!

i think that it's just a basic AMERICAN high school/college kind of thing...
sort of classic...especially wearing one of your boyfriend's rubgys
the preppy look is always around to some extent...

Dont really see it as a trend, but it's popular with the girls in Australia as well. A lot of schools in Sydney get personalized rugby tops for Year 12s...

I :heart: mine- its very loose and comfortable!

softgrey said:
i think that it's just a basic AMERICAN high school/college kind of thing...
sort of classic...especially wearing one of your boyfriend's rubgys
the preppy look is always around to some extent...

my thoughts exactly..... ^_^

i love polo shirts if you where to look in my closet thats basically all you would see.....and i will have to look at the gucci rugby shirt....

^ the gucci rugby shirt comes in different colours and is 100% cashmere I think. Have a look.

It would also be fun to wear another guy's rugby shirt....after they have washed it...unless you like their sweat...

They can look good, but personally I think rugby shirts need to be cuted up by what you wear them with.

Yeah I have a lot of tight-fitting and female cut polo looking shirts. I am not sure it is a trend persay, I agree with it always sort of being a look that comes in and out but is always around and especially in Boston where I grew up! :smile: It can be very cute though. I guess I tend to love collars because they give a very put-together look to a lot of outfits even if it's a casual one :flower:

If the shirts I have/am talking about are the ones the thread starter meant, then it's things like this
gp357210-00vliv01.jpg
gap.com

Except they fit much tighter than shown above... or at least how I've worn them :lol:

Oh sorry! I didnt' see that. I haven't noticed that much on the streets here but in Boston like I said, being the ivy league city basically, the preppy look is always around so kind of hard to distinguish what is "in" there and here in Atlanta i havent seen anyone wearing these neither loose or tight.

sorry for the confusion

I like polo shirts - I'm out to find a nice rugby-striped one now. I've seen them worn both tight and loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->