Ralph Lauren Rugby

rugby is for stereotypical college jocks....

i rather see preppy college dudes!!

Ianastar said:
the stuff in the Skull & Crossbones line.
i saw some of this the other day...
personally i find it rather strange ...the whole punk prep thing...
it's a complete contradiction and just goofy imo...

like -wannabe rock n roll- preppy....

but i guess the kids like it!...
and there isn't any real punk left anymore anyway...
so there you have it...

:P

Last edited by a moderator:
So any info about how these stores are doing?
Ralph Lauren is a brand which for me is extremelt dilluted. All these lines... are very hard to defferenciate, like how is LAUREN so different from Polo or Blue from Black?

^^ I guess it's all a matter of licensing. The more names they generate, the more cash flows into the company.

Today I saw the ad of Playlife, the Italian sportswear brand. From what I see, the owner, Benetton, has been trying to position the brand for a while now. I'm not sure if they still hold the brand. It's kind of funny to watch the evolution though.. They look so desperate playing with the character every other season. First, it was the 'European' sportswear brand - which stood up for being European, sexy and dressing casual at the same time. Now it's the twin brother of RL Rugby with the American flag and everything :smile: PL stands for PlayLife. Come on Benetton guys, go out and get some fresh air!!

http://www.playlife.com

^^ I guess it's all a matter of licensing. The more names they generate, the more cash flows into the company.

Today I saw the ad of Playlife, the Italian sportswear brand. From what I see, the owner, Benetton, has been trying to position the brand for a while now. I'm not sure if they still hold the brand. It's kind of funny to watch the evolution though.. They look so desperate playing with the character every other season. First, it was the 'European' sportswear brand - which stood up for being European, sexy and dressing casual at the same time. Now it's the twin brother of RL Rugby with the American flag and everything :smile: PL stands for PlayLife. Come on Benetton guys, go out and get some fresh air!!

http://www.playlife.com

wow... i remember Playlife from circa. 2002 they were VERY much a sporstbrand. I still have playlife shorts from that period.

i can't see any of the pictures but i hope that it's good!!! i'm a ralph lauren fan!!!!!

I love this line, they opened two stores within 15 minutes of my house.

Personally I LOVE this line. And I'm not even a fan of Ralph Lauren - I find his collection line derivative (though it serves his clientele well) and Ralph Lauren Blue is just horrific - how many times does he need to produce a western/Savannah/Mauritian resort inspired collection with different names and the same colours?

With Rugby the prices are right and there are many great pieces which having preppy roots but not overly so - they have a bit of an edge and are a bit cooler. I've already purchased the white puff sleeved blouse, black cable knit sweater dress and a cream sweater dress with black collar and cuffs with metallic crest. However from what I've heard this line hasn't been doing as well as expected - already several stores have closed down and only the NYC store is on target.

I like how it's English prep/grammar school boy oriented. Far more intriguing than the looks AEO, A&F, etc pass off as "preppy" (always more of a stoner jock/beach bum look, IMO). It reminds me also of the wardrobes of the Gossip Girl set, but obviously oriented towards the middle market.

Also something I have to praise them for - in the store I went to (in NYC) the sales assistants were all college looking, and their outfits were FANTASTIC. I couldn't pull a lot of it off, but a girl wore rugby jersey tops with a full black skirt and tilted berets (sounds a bit contrived but she pulled it off very well), guys were wearing the suits but in a really interesting way, etc, I just really liked it! I love their preppy with their edge, and I usually don't like other RL lines (collection, Blue, Polo = blergh).

Hannah Davis for Rugby Spring
n1643490023_82056_8850.jpg

and Summer Preview...
RugbyCollection-Rugby.jpg

rugby.com

i love rugby.com they have super fast shipping!! i just ordered 6 items from them on monday and i just got them this morning. maybe because it's the holidays.

i bought two pairs of skull corduroys in black and tan varsity sweater amd a few other things. i'll post pics later

could people post modeling pics of the rugby things they have. i need inspiration. i'm really into preppy collegiate style now

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->