Pom Pom Power

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
pom poms seem to be the fun accessory of the moment in London, so what do you think? will you pom pom or not ?
pompomphone.jpg

Customise with pom poms
If you're into the current 50s look - netted flared skirts, tight-fitting, buttoned girly cardis, and rock and roll candy shaded shoes - you can add some extra 50s flavour to your wardrobe with pom poms. Inspired by cheerleaders and ice skaters the classic pom pom is fun and finding its way onto all sorts of clothes and accessories at the moment. Head to the flagship branch of Miss Selfridge (314 Oxford Street, London W1) for a selection of Pretty Banat's cute vest tops and skirts featuring pom poms (priced from £15). Of course making your own pom poms is child's play: you just need some cardboard (cut out two circles, remove the middles) and wool (wind the wool around and around until you reach the desired size). They are a really easy and frivolous way to funk up bags, belts, T-shirts, trainers and even your mobile phone.

For detailed instructions on how to make a pom pom, visit hintsandthings.co.uk.
article & photo from fuk

I think it's cute, but not for everyday accesorising (is that even a word? :cry: ). But if you are fully kitted out in a fifties look than it's a nice touch :wink:

the look is cute, but a little too *cheerleaderish* (go figure) for my style

I agree with Elle (and I was a cheerleader :lol: ). However it's a little too "high school" for my fashion tastes now.....but very cute though.

i remember galliano ( than later gualtier) did pompom's on accessories.
100066932.jpg

its cute and fun for those who are youthful and dont take fashion too seriously.

i like them but not in a cheerleader style,
in something quite more worked on, more conceptual if you like..
one can get actually creative and alternative with pom poms

:ninja: i'm getting ideas :shifty:

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 4th, 2003 - 1:59 pm
:ninja: i'm getting ideas :shifty:
I see... black leather pom poms... I would wear them! :innocent: maybe hot pink rubber or acid green transparent plastic :ninja:

They remind me of cute little children...the ones who wear the cute little pom pom hair ties when they have their hair in pigtails..I was a cheerleader..my time with pom poms is over!

Yarn pom poms are cute. But those first ones posted look like my actual cheerleading poms! :blink:

I LOVE POMP POMPS!

I did a whole bunch of dresses, bags, glove,s sweters with pom poms three years ago , I lvoe them , i will have to post some pics :shock: !

But those first ones posted look like my actual cheerleading poms!
i know almostfamous.. this was the picture that came with fuk's article so.. excuses it was the only one i've found

space, please post your pom poms will you ? :heart:

It can look fun and great (as Galliano did).. but it can hardly make a statement. :unsure:

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 5th, 2003 - 2:21 am

space, please post your pom poms will you ? :heart:
I will I just need to get my digital cmera working or my scaner

I have a few knit winter hats topped with pom poms. They're not really alternative, it's true, but they are cute. :blush:

I'd love to see your work, Space. Please post pics when you can. :flower:

:huh: those pom poms were a big trend in Turkey like 5 years ago! no i'm serious!

In korea I spotted these larger colored fur pom poms.... My friends said they were perfect to fish her cell phone when it was ringing... and it adds a touch of luxury...

asia is so style advanced and catching up with trends :flower:

McQueen did pompoms for F/W 03!
Let's see ....
On skirts:
00058.L.JPG

On a coat/sweater!!!! :heart:
00152.L.JPG

For some reason I have never liked pom poms that much. They always seem musty and faintly gross to me (sort of like macrame). :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->