Pond's Cold Cream

Spring_Fever

Reaction score
It's cheap and it's old school but my Mom swears by the stuff.

She and her 3 sisters and my Grandmother all really aged gracefully. I was just wondering if any of you have an opinion in it.

You can buy it almost anywhere that sells any kind of soap or beauty aid you can buy soap. ie. the grocery store.

What exactly do you use cold cream for? Does it remove make-up? Right now I use Guinot Lait Hydra Confort cleansing milk to remove pressed powder and then I wash my face as usual.

Ponds is a classic though, I remember my aunts and my grandmother using it too. The last time I saw Ponds in the drugstore, it had a new packaging.

My mom, aunts, great aunts and grandmothers also swear by this stuff! They said that is what they used to keep their beautiful flawless skin, before all this new age stuff came along. My mom said it's even better than the $300 face cream she uses now! I started using it about a year ago, and have been everyday since then, and I have to say, it really is fab! My skin hasn't looked so good! I use the reg. Pond's cream, not the cold cream, even though I have that too. I find it a bit too thick to wash off. Nivea Visage exfoliating cleanser for dry skin is the best everyday cleaner, if you have dry skin.

^ That's exactly what my Mom and other family members say, exactly.

The cold cream actually works as a moisturizer and it removes make up but you can get other ponds products, specifically for certain purposes.

I've had good experiences with it and think it's as good as any of the much more expensive creams and I've tried most of them. :rolleyes:

I used to love only face washes but i´m beggining to love creams to cleanse the face! :flower:
They are much more gentle and of you have a drier skin it´s the best to use as they will moisturise the face while cleansing it.
I would love to try this! :wink:

Wait- I have a question...
how exactly do you use the cream to remove makeup?

doesnt it just wipe it off but leave a residue?
Or do you just wash it off after you wipe off your makeup? :huh:

it's my favourite cleansing cream! i tried using SHU UEMURA's cleansing oil for 6 months and it made my skin blotchy & ugly! so i went back to my oldie but goodie Pond's cream!

(Ponds) Cold Cream users---HELP!

I have read (on here I think) about using Ponds cold cream to wash off eye makeup and all makeup....I bought some and tried using it last night, but I felt like it coated my face and didn't rinse off very well.

HOW does everyone use it?

Thanks!

ok i'm not a Ponds CC regular user
but i did the same as you - bought it once: stung my eyes and was soooooooooo bloody greasy!!!

in hindsight, i'd suppose:
- use an astringent toner afterwards tp remove the residue. perhaps something with witch hazel.
- or - maybe wash your face afterwards with dove soap. i've read a recommendation to use oil to remove all makeup and then wash with soap afterwards.. so maybe that's the deal w/ Ponds CC.

i shudder to think what gals in the olden days had to do when Ponds CC was pretty much the only product around.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love pond's!

it's really cheap, so i use most of their stuff, like the facial wash, skin whitening toner and their vitamin cream.

the cold cream makes my face feel really greasy, though.

I been looking for a inexpensive moisturizier, I'll be sure to check this one out next time I go to the drugstore.

My mom and grandmother both used it and I used to use a bit when I was younger and wanted to use a "grownup" product!
I may try it if I see it in stores, is it sold in Europe?

I use it to remove eye makeup, it's too moisturizing to wash my whole face with. I started using it after all the other oily makeup removers where burning and irritating my eyes. Plus it has a lovely light rose scent :smile:

honestly my mom has been using it for years now and she looks 15 years younger than she really is. the fact that it's a little thick (cream wise) i think is the reason why it's been able to keep skin looking youthful and alive. when skin is dry and thirsty it tends to looks old and haggard so no matter how much the consistency may bother me, i use this stuff religiously.

My skin has been ridiculously cracked and dry for the last little while, so for the last week I've been using Cold Cream.

First I spray my face with Avene thermal water, then I apply a thick layer of Cold Cream. I leave that on my face for 2-3 minutes whilst I brush my teeth, then I remove it with a washcloth drenched in warm water (this has an exfoliating effect as well). After it's removed, I swipe some alcohol-free toner over my face, then use a small amount of Cold Cream as a moisturiser and massage it into my face for about 2 minutes.

It's working wonders! My skin looks so hydrated and is seriously glowing. I honestly can't believe how immediate the effects are - I have NEVER had such good results when I've changed up my skincare routine.

I probably wouldn't do this every single day, but definitely when my skin looks thirsty and like it needs a boost, this is my new secret weapon!!

My mom and grandmother both used it and I used to use a bit when I was younger and wanted to use a "grownup" product!
I may try it if I see it in stores, is it sold in Europe?

yes it is

I love it. Someone suggested I try it to remove my eye makeup and it's really amazing on my super dry skin. Has anyone tried any other cold cream brands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->