Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

- The fact that JPG only started to do Haute Couture because his ego was hurt when Bernard Arnault proposed the Givenchy position to him instead of the Dior one, which he expected and thought he was capable of.

- When shady Pierre Bergé started to drive the people at YSL insane when after the SS 2009 collection, he started to voice his hate of Stefano. On top of public statements in the press, he went later in 2010, randomly at a Givenchy show, was caught publicly praising Riccardo and a few days later, invited almost everybody of the entire Parisian fashion scene (Riccardo included), Kering (then PPR) executives included at the opening dinner for the YSL exhibit at Le Petit Palais….Except Stefano. Lol

When Carine and Vogue Paris were blacklisted from Balenciaga after she supposedly sent a sample jacket to Max Mara to be copied.
I don’t know why that story kept sticking up when the reality is in fact totally different lol.

Keeping up with Lagerfeld antics: the Chanel HC s/s 1994 Quran dresses:

6422b91583541803bdc5f92d7130eb87.jpg

pinimg.com

Like...how the f*ck did he (and his team) think this was a good idea??
Apparently they really thought it was a poem. I’m mad for never asking about it when I had the opportunity but I wonder if some clients ordered the dresses nevertheless (without the embroideries.

lol this is so funny

Ondria and Bella fighting in the end of Riccardo's last show at Givenchy.
Did it ever come out what actually happened?? I tried analyzing that video along with the aerial shot for sooooo long and couldn't tell what was going on. That finale was such a disaster. And remember Ondria getting lost mid show lol. Riccardo's sets were getting ridiculous

Did it ever come out what actually happened?? I tried analyzing that video along with the aerial shot for sooooo long and couldn't tell what was going on. That finale was such a disaster. And remember Ondria getting lost mid show lol. Riccardo's sets were getting ridiculous
Where is this video ??

Please elaborate. I never heard anything else about this.
MAS left VP. Nicolas banned the whole VP team in support of his friend. Similar to what Hedi is doing with CN in retaliation for Emmanuelle leaving VP.
But I have always wonder if the issue wasn’t so much on Xavier Romatet part ( CN France) than Carine and Emmanuelle, because Carine started to attend Balenciaga shows when she was a free agent and VP was still banned. Everybody kinda mended their relationships during the time Nicolas joined Vuitton due to the importance of the brand.

However, that coat rumor is probably the result of Carine’s reputation of doing undercover side consulting jobs while being an EIC and therefore causing conflicts of interests. It has always been an issue, from her first issue for French Vogue to the consulting/styling for Gucci, YSL, Karl Lagerfeld for H&M, MaxMara, Givenchy…And I remember that she did a cashmere sweater collection and they even had a party at Barney’s. She got away with a lot of things so people were ready to believe the MaxMara coat theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyasiagrissom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->