Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

Mia X was better distributed at the time because she was with No Limit, which was a huge juggernaut at that time. With Foxy going from Jay-Z to Nas, and then back to Jay-Z, that probably didn't help her career in the slightest.

Mia X is still alive. Might you be thinking about Gangsta Boo from Three Six Mafia?
RIP Gangsta Boo 🙏🏾

That doesn’t seem right, I don’t think Mounia was the first black couture model?? There were others before her in the 70s. Or do you just mean for Chanel (but those photos are from YSL)? I think Yves used one in his debut show, too, but I can’t remember her name.

Mounia Orosomane becoming the first black Haute Couture model and the first-ever black model to walk a Chanel runway:

My archives
That doesn’t seem right, I don’t think Mounia was the first black couture model?? There were others before her in the 70s. Or do you just mean for Chanel (but those photos are from YSL)? I think Yves used one in his debut show, too, but I can’t remember her name.

Hmm…Paco Rabanne was the first one to ever have a black woman as a model. Considering that he was only doing Couture at that time, it eliminates Mounia!

YSL had at least 1 black girl in his 1971 show. And Mounia came into the scene much much later, in the late 70’s.

About Chanel, maybe…
It can be another alternative fact, like the one Alton Mason made when he claimed that he was « the first black male model to walk on a Chanel show ».

But considering the lack of footage from Chanel shows during the 70’s and the fact that Mounia worked with Philippe Guibourgé, we will give her that accolade even if I can’t imagine that the girls who were walking for Yves and Givenchy and all didn’t walked for Chanel….

Karen Mulder making a surprise catwalk appearance for Galliano's Christian Dior HC FW 2007 show and going AWOL after that. Well, until recently.

My archives
She was in the front row for the FW 2005 HC. I guess she was meant to walk that supermodel section but Kurkova walked instead

Karen Mulder making a surprise catwalk appearance for Galliano's Christian Dior HC FW 2007 show and going AWOL after that. Well, until recently.

My archives
She had a major issue with her look too, you can still see her stumbling off in the runway video. I always thought it was super odd she wasn't choreo-ed to stand with Naomi, Linda, Gisele and Amber during the finale. This was her first show in like 10 years or something and no-one picked it up as a moment. Anyway, is she no longer AWOL?

She had a major issue with her look too, you can still see her stumbling off in the runway video. I always thought it was super odd she wasn't choreo-ed to stand with Naomi, Linda, Gisele and Amber during the finale. This was her first show in like 10 years or something and no-one picked it up as a moment. Anyway, is she no longer AWOL?
She was spotted at Jean-Yves Le Fur's funeral recently

She was spotted at Jean-Yves Le Fur's funeral recently
Speaking of JYLF, I’m kinda surprised that his death didn’t generate much coverage among the fashion community (except the Parisian circle). He is behind Numero Magazine et the successful relaunch of LUI after all…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DFA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->