Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

A shout-out to Janice Dickinson~ To this day Models.com still doesn't have a profile on her

Here she is modelling for Azzedine Alaia
tumblr_pdw058t3Mw1qinp4fo1_1280.jpgazzedine-alaia-fall-1989-ready-t3.jpegazzedine-alaia-fall-1989-ready-t2.jpegazzedine-alaia-fall-1989-ready-t.jpeg

6:05 Azzedine Alaïa documentary by Joe McKenna
(Sophie Hicks, Edie Campbell's mother gave Janice a shout-out)

The late Professor Louise Wilson also mentioned Janice Dickinson as part of her childhood
"a mother who bought Vogue, she covered her bedroom walls with pictures of a young Janice Dickinson and pored over pictures of Jerry Hall."

This Karl quote about Yves from around his retirement in 2002:

View attachment 1279062
vogue.co.uk

The most hilarious thing about Karl and Yves/Bergé’s beef is how the French press kept entertaining it for years.
What I have always found odd was the fact that after Yves retired, Bergé kept it going too while him and Karl for years kept being cordial and greeting each others at Hedi shows lol

Janice Dickinson, 1994
Gianni Versace and Janice Dickinson during Harpers Bazaar Honors Richard Avedon at Whitney Museum in New York City, New York, United States.

View attachment 1279118

Looks like she was his date wearing Versace
Interesting choice its not any of the 'Big Five'?
Unfortunately, I think that plastic surgery and ANTM both kinda destroyed the layer of mystique needed for her to be revered as she should have been.
And I don’t know how was her attitude also at that time + did she « married well »? A lot of models of the 80’s did married well…(that allowed them to keep some kind of connections in the industry).

The most hilarious thing about Karl and Yves/Bergé’s beef is how the French press kept entertaining it for years.
What I have always found odd was the fact that after Yves retired, Bergé kept it going too while him and Karl for years kept being cordial and greeting each others at Hedi shows lol
Yeah, it is kind of odd... when you think more about it lol. Karl looks like he's about to backhand him at any second at this show, though.

1718634092910.png
gettyimages

It's surprising to me that both of them appeared in this documentary (Yves Saint Laurent / Karl Lagerfeld : une guerre en dentelles) about the feud, too. If I remember correctly, Karl gets a bit annoyed by a line of questions in the documentary and Bergé is pure troll energy.

On the topic of Janice Dickinson, I remembered that she was on The Surreal Life. I think clips are hard to find because she was on the same season as Omarosa and those clips have SUPPOSEDLY been scrubbed from the internet... but not my memory.

I always wonder what happened to Janice's sister (Debbie Dickinson), her Vogue covers are a lot more memorable to me than Janice's! I suppose I could Google it...

1718634332656.png 1718634351747.png 1718634365508.png
pinterest

Last edited:
Search for a supermodel 2002
Gemma Ward. On the pedestal right behind the front left contestant.
Also it is from 2002 ( magnifying glass may be needed)

IMG_7951.jpeg

I stand corrected these are more random. But speaking of ANTM all seasons of it were random....
I wasn't trying to correct, but perhaps trying to enhance the ANTM musical experience

Mary J Blige almost fighting Veronica Webb over an interview in 1995. Allegedy MJB and Elton John bonded over their mutual hate for Veronica lol

Interview Mag 1995

She touches on it briefly at 2:11

The time when Vogue Nippon always put the iconic "Mr G" on top of their cover models' faces...
And what makes it even more iconic is that this stupid idea of covering faces with logos was not even original. As always they just borrowed random concept from the 60th to prove their creative weakness

I wasn't trying to correct, but perhaps trying to enhance the ANTM musical experience
Naah don't worry. I didn't remember these. And these are more random than the music video by Tyra

I know it's risky to mention Drag Race 'round these parts, but on Canada's Drag Race when Synthia Kiss played Jeanne Beker as a Snatch Game character... it warmed my Canadian heart.

Maybe not a random moment in fashion history but the Who’s Gio spot directed by David Lynch for Giorgio Armani with the stunning Lara Harris (who also shot several Armani campaigns with Peter Lindberg) is quite a nostalgic and beautiful memory of those days

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->