Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

I just wish... we had one contemporary designer who could make me laugh at their antics they way Karl did.

The most interesting thing about the video is that having a 17-year-old pop star representing a brand like Chanel was mystifying. Now that's something no one would bat an eye at.

I literally can’t get over Karl. Hearing his voice in that video made me so sad. Love how fast he always spoke. I don’t usually care about anybody’s opinion, but his… always something to look forward too. I would literally care about everything Karl related, even the way he pisses or how many times he goes to the toilet a day :lol:

There was a time around 2008 when he loved the fame and giving interviews, but then he kind of stopped being too open and always repeated the same things. I guess because of the woke (sorry for using that word, I hate it and it’s so unclassy) censorship.

@pradn I resent that I had to use my VPN to appreciate Karl in Totally Spies, why is it blocked in my region!!! ! I've only ever read his credit for it and never saw the movie (lol) until @Lola701 shared it earlier.

Karl really had a voice acting moment, between Totally Spies and Grand Theft Auto IV.

@pradn I resent that I had to use my VPN to appreciate Karl in Totally Spies, why is it blocked in my region!!! ! I've only ever read his credit for it and never saw the movie (lol) until @Lola701 shared it earlier.

Karl really had a voice acting moment, between Totally Spies and Grand Theft Auto IV.

Cara was a Radio DJ on GTA V

Karl only did random things Tbh. He appeared in a questionable music video for Jean Roch and Snoop Dogg, he had weird cameos in movies. He was in 2 French comedy movies then his Warhol movie..
The time when he wrote articles for Vogue Paris signed under « Minouflet de Vermenou ».
I think growing up or living in France in the 90’s/2000’s, we saw Karl almost every month on television sometimes for the most random reasons. TV hosts loved to have Karl on their shows so ultimately, they rarely talked about his work as a designer.

I think only Jean Paul Gaultier matched sometimes his randomness….Even if the most random designer ever for me will always be Paco Rabanne. His interviews were legendary ahaha.

The time when he wrote articles for Vogue Paris signed under « Minouflet de Vermenou ».
I'm pretty sure I've annoyed the staff at the university library of my ~alma mater~ (not my fault this is an alumni benefit LOL) by recently requesting some of those articles, they're actually... kind of funny. In one of them he reviews a bunch of biographies about old Hollywood actors. In the other one I read, he reviews books about fashion photography. I can't imagine what these librarians think when they get my random fashion article requests.

Even if the most random designer ever for me will always be Paco Rabanne. His interviews were legendary ahaha.
Say more about Paco Rabanne! All I know is that he wrote a book about his past lives or something crazy??

1722117630423.png
amazon

Karl only did random things Tbh. He appeared in a questionable music video for Jean Roch and Snoop Dogg, he had weird cameos in movies. He was in 2 French comedy movies then his Warhol movie..
I think growing up or living in France in the 90’s/2000’s, we saw Karl almost every month on television sometimes for the most random reasons. TV hosts loved to have Karl on their shows so ultimately, they rarely talked about his work as a designer.

I think only Jean Paul Gaultier matched sometimes his randomness….Even if the most random designer ever for me will always be Paco Rabanne. His interviews were legendary ahaha.
They used to call him crazy Paco

They used to call him crazy Paco
I mean, he did his best to cultivate that name. He predicted the destruction of so many places and even the murder of Juan Carlos of Spain and looked ridiculous when nothing happened and even more when he continued, after those fails, to have « visions ».

I'm pretty sure I've annoyed the staff at the university library of my ~alma mater~ (not my fault this is an alumni benefit LOL) by recently requesting some of those articles, they're actually... kind of funny. In one of them he reviews a bunch of biographies about old Hollywood actors. In the other one I read, he reviews books about fashion photography. I can't imagine what these librarians think when they get my random fashion article requests.

Say more about Paco Rabanne! All I know is that he wrote a book about his past lives or something crazy??

View attachment 1291232
amazon
Back in 1999, here in Spain Paco said the end of the World would be in the year 2000...when the year 2000 arrived, everyone was mocking him!!

Las profecías incendiarias de Paco Rabanne: del fin del mundo a las reencarnaciones

I mean, he did his best to cultivate that name. He predicted the destruction of so many places and even the murder of Juan Carlos of Spain and looked ridiculous when nothing happened and even more when he continued, after those fails, to have « visions ».
Leave the only prediction that came true was a big one which is that a telescope fell down and he predicted it and it happened and that's why people sort of believed in him but then he was seen as crazy great designer though

I don't think I posted these (shady) WWD couturier caricatures from 1966 yet.

WWD Archive
The funniest one is Madame Grès wearing a greek column! Also, I love seeing those little ads from Roberto Capucci, Philippe Venet, Molyneux and Jean Patou...

Back in 1999, here in Spain Paco said the end of the World would be in the year 2000...when the year 2000 arrived, everyone was mocking him!!

Las profecías incendiarias de Paco Rabanne: del fin del mundo a las reencarnaciones
Wait... Paco Rabanne was straight? "His controversies were not only apocalyptic. He ruthlessly criticised other colleagues in the profession such as Jean Paul Gaultier , with whom he competed on the shelves of perfumeries: "His new fragrance is awful. Homosexuals can make perfumes for men, but not for women because they don't love them."

This article from the Guardian is pretty funny:

Of course... the Seventh Vibratory Plane, duh: "I was lying on my bed, half asleep, at the age of seven. My spirit rose slowly from my inert body and I was suddenly transported into the presence of a strong light whose source I could not make out. I was no longer conscious of my own existence... Instinctively, I knew that I was on the Seventh Vibratory Plane, where everything is simply Essence. I no longer had bodily shape. I was a simple entity, vibratory and luminous..."

Wait... Paco Rabanne was straight? "His controversies were not only apocalyptic. He ruthlessly criticised other colleagues in the profession such as Jean Paul Gaultier , with whom he competed on the shelves of perfumeries: "His new fragrance is awful. Homosexuals can make perfumes for men, but not for women because they don't love them."

This article from the Guardian is pretty funny:

Of course... the Seventh Vibratory Plane, duh: "I was lying on my bed, half asleep, at the age of seven. My spirit rose slowly from my inert body and I was suddenly transported into the presence of a strong light whose source I could not make out. I was no longer conscious of my own existence... Instinctively, I knew that I was on the Seventh Vibratory Plane, where everything is simply Essence. I no longer had bodily shape. I was a simple entity, vibratory and luminous..."
I think he was a closet case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->