Prada Mens F/W 2016.17 : Eddie Redmayne by Craig McDean

i dont mind Eddie Redmayne but i was actually hoping for Eddie Klint after his surprise comeback on the show! For me he is a bit like the male Sasha for Prada but I guess not well-known and popular enough like her…

also they must have struggled with the choice of backdrop, cause the red looks awful and makes everything look more commercial and flat and the grey painted one makes it look old. Really a shame since the collection was so strong and beautiful!

actually the "dis-dressed"-series by Willy Vanderperre has captured the beauty of the collection much better:

prada

well he does look like a Prada model so the campaign is a success though am starting to worry that modelling wont be a career soon since celebs are doing everything. I noticed that a certain angle makes him look much older though

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Eddie's edgy enough for Prada, too classically clean cut and everyday joe. Not to mention his overexposure over the last few years.

I agree, the dis-dressed series by Vanderperre is really stunning and really Prada.
Maybe it's me but it almost feels like an audition to take over the reigns from Meisel.

Not really a fan of his hair here but I can definitely see Eddie as a Prada type of guy. Great images! :wub:

Agree with everyone, Eddie = Burberry. This would make a great Burberry's campaign tho

Oh I like this one. The photos are strong. The ones with the red background are the best.

Eh. Really not a fan of Eddie, and honestly, casting him feels desperate for Prada. Like others have mentioned he reads as very Burberry, and he is big with the populous....
Yes - Prada men's campaigns always have actors, but the choices always feel off-beat and unexpected in a great way and always feel in line with the brand.
This...not so much.

I like the idea, Eddie really knows how to take beautiful photographs and he wears the clothes really well but there's something contrived that's bugguing me. I don't know if it's Redmayne's expressions that are slighty forced in some shots or if it's McDean lack of creating a real atmosphere around such a rich collection.

he doesnt suit prada this is really nothing special, shame cause it was a good collection

I absolutely adored this collection, my favourite of the season. I think these images are quite good, I'm just not too certain how exactly he fits into the Prada world? Not sure how smooth the transition can be from Burberry classicism to cerebral Prada regality... It does, however, make me nostalgic for the campaigns where Prada used Norman Reedus in the late 90s - I thought those were brilliant - particularly the one where he is in the cream roll neck sweater sitting in the cinema - just a perfect marrying of celebrity and Prada.

GQ USA September 2016

This campaign grew on me so much, I absolutely love it.

IndeedB) it contrasts so wonderfully against the other campaigns by Prada for the season, with miu miu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->