Prada Pre-Fall 2016 : Vanessa, Lorena, Sasha, Vittoria & Fei Fei by Steven Meisel

This is gorgeous. I love the fresh vibe of this. It's clean. Simple. Yes.

^I don't think the complaints are necessarily always about black versus white. It's just the fact that even with Asian representation, it's always light-skinned East Asians.

Exactly. The Asian is white. The Brazilian is white.
And it looks like they made them even paler.

Vittoria is really having a moment.

Lorena steals the whole thing for me, and that's really saying something with Sasha and Vanessa.

Sasha's 18th campaign for Prada, that is just insane.

This campaign is kind of a confirming visual of Prada's identity crisis that seems to have sort of hit very hard, especially with news of their financial issues the last year or two.

I don't get anything from these images. The multi-cast feels forced, the styling is silly, and I'm not sure much of the product looks that desirable in the slightest.

I love Prada, but it's interesting to see the company - who has historically been such a confident brand - come across as wishy-washy, desperate, corporate and directionless. There's no conviction here.

It leaves nothing for me to feel. But I know a large portion of people adore this visual asthetic. Kind of like Shiseido. Sharp and straight forward, logical story line. It's not a bad choice. I'm just not a fan of that.

Lovely shots and the cast is awesome. Sasha, Vanessa, Fei Fei...:heart:

Fei Fei and Vittoria are gorgeous in this. :wub:

It will be a pleasure to find these ads in the magazines.

This campaign is kind of a confirming visual of Prada's identity crisis that seems to have sort of hit very hard, especially with news of their financial issues the last year or two.

I don't get anything from these images. The multi-cast feels forced, the styling is silly, and I'm not sure much of the product looks that desirable in the slightest.

I love Prada, but it's interesting to see the company - who has historically been such a confident brand - come across as wishy-washy, desperate, corporate and directionless. There's no conviction here.

Such a great point. Prada looks a little bit lost as of late; not confident as you said. Maybe it's just because of the terrible numbers they are doing. It's like they want to go back to the label's DNA but it looks very forced... I see them wandering. And even though they are trying to refloat to the good old days, the image of the brand is blurrier than ever. Everything is very forgettable and lacking real fashion spirit and a strong vision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a great point. Prada looks a little bit lost as of late; not confident as you said. Maybe it's just because of the terrible numbers they are doing. It's like they want to go back to the label's DNA but it looks very forced... I see them wandering. And even though they are trying to refloat to the good old days, the image of the brand is blurrier than ever. Everything is very forgettable and lacking real fashion spirit and a strong vision.
It's very apparent - and what really has been bothering me with Prada the last year or so is this everything-plus-the-kitchen-sink styling....it's such a transparent attempt at pushing PRODUCT hoping to attract as many customers as possible. But when you try to bait everyone with everything - you forget to make something special for someone. Prada used to have the confidence to give you that special something - Miuccia could send a perfect coat down the runway over a bra and a pencil skirt...and it had you salivating because those pieces were just so strong! Now we've got a skirt over pants, socks, novelty shoes, jackets, scarves, belts, buckles, multiple bags and a hat - and that's all just on one look! You can't even tell what you're looking at anymore. That's not the Prada I know.

But when you try to bait everyone with everything - you forget to make something special for someone.

tumblr_inline_o7n0s1aHOz1rllljr_500.gif

renderplease.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->