Prada S/S 04 Milan

thanks for the pics :flower:

prada isnt for my taste, but it is lovely :wink:

this dress is gorgous !!!
100114143.jpg

love these shoes too.....
100113949.jpg

I just had a quick first look still, its true Chick Prada did it again.
Loved the multi colour flats, the multi colour heels and practically all
the bags/shoes but i have not been breathless with the clothes.
Were there some Lanvin/Elbaz link/cue in those pleated pieces?
Could you see a cdg / junya influence? Or maybe its just me?

I bet vintage/retro is the thing for next summer, Prada is reworking
on '50's classics, and they do it well enough.

Thanks for your time and your beautiful choices chick* :heart:

Oh, i just LOVE it! It's my birthday present, I do like to believe! Oh my goodness. :o Although I cannot buy any of these clothings, just viewing them can be my best present :lol: it is such BEAUTY! :heart:

Uffff, again ..... The same question: where are these photos from ?

I know this page but ..... when I try to quote posts with photos to read their links, I find some strange addresses, not from styel :/ .... Maybe photos are listed on other server ? :o

yeah...style.com and many other sites are all published by Conde Nast publications...so they're probably all stored under condenet.com

btw...you dont have to quote photos to see the URL....u can just right click over the picture, go to properties, and copy and paste the address from there...it might be a little easier :flower:

Kandy Korn and the Pilgrims! Hiawatha! Not her usual glam/dramatic skirt/dress length, but serious as usual. My. My.

Okay. On second look maybe it is her usual skirt/dress length.

Oh my this is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :heart: :heart:

I adore the pleated pieces , the round shoes all of it! It gorgeous gogeous gorgeous!!! :P

i think the tie dye pieces where just so stuning and original and inovateive, its an idea that i ahve had for some time but could never really seem to get it right, but this just superb :heart:

BTW Lena i deffinetly saw some Junya influences!, particularly his last collection, but some from other collections as well. But its beautiful all the same.

This is my favorite dress

100114138.jpg

amazing shoes
100113953.jpg

prada does two things right in this collection:

1] accessories, of course! :woot: the shoes! AMAZING! the Necklaces!!!!! The buttons!!!!! Belts! WOW! :blush: :blush:

2] styling [placements of accessories, belts, accents, colors, the tie die and fur accents]

i really wanted to like this collection. so i looked at all the photos for a couple of days... but i am still not liking it. :cry: i feel like i have seen this collection too often from prada... but instead of brown tweed, we are given brown brown and more brown.

my problem with this collection, as with others, is that these clothes are too frumpy to wear. a few of the evening gowns would be flattering. but the rest, are too frumpy and too dated. the low waisted pleats are the most unbecoming style that i have ever seen! they look like they were pulled out of my grandmother's closet & the browns drag the clothing down so much and make them too heavy.

this line is not updated at all... and these clothes are too harsh and theatrical. it screams 50's french and italian riviera to me.

how does one wear these clothes and not look like they walked off a retro film set?

:heart: but, of course, the accessories are to die for. :heart: the shoes, amazing.

but the dresses, tops and skirts make anyone that wears them look twice their age. and they eat the wearer up.

remember when claire danes wore that brocade skirt and deconstructed magenta top? she looked like my grandmother.

You guys are going to think I'm nuts, but I don't like this collection at all. :neutral: I'm must be weird, I know. :lol: The collection seemed very lifeless and a little tiresome. I don't even like the accessories - again. Maybe I'm growing out of Prada, but this is the second time she's disappointed me.

Thanks for taking the time, Chickonspeed.
:flower:

Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 2nd, 2003 - 9:57 pm
You guys are going to think I'm nuts, but I don't like this collection at all. :neutral: I'm must be weird, I know. :lol: The collection seemed very lifeless and a little tiresome. I don't even like the accessories - again. Maybe I'm growing out of Prada, but this is the second time she's disappointed me.

Thanks for taking the time, Chickonspeed.
:flower:
astrid...

you aren't nuts. but, when i posted that i disliked it... i thought i was too. i keep looking at it... and am still more than disappointed. clothing wise, i don't think that i would wear one thing from this line.

it looks excactly like the fall line... although... i am partial to some of the jewelry simply because i love BIG pieces to accent plainer clothing.

i think prada is moveing away from simplistic design, fokesing more on retro with mens wear accents

Originally posted by pearsandapples@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 6:42 am
it looks excactly like the fall line...
full skirts were not there for Prada fall, were they pears? :unsure:

true that this is not the strongest Prada collection ever,
but -as usual- it has very clever style co-ordination.

i like those full skirted dresses and skirts (been wearing them since more than a year now) of course this style is not for everyone, it is not a 'pop' shape at all, and thats the beauty in this collection. True i was expecting stronger prints, more interesting colours.
Prada is not trying to please popular esthetics or a wide client base and thats what i respect from this collection. Once again, the accessories are genious and very directive. I believe those will sell like hot bread and will be copied to death.

I also liked a lot Muccia trying on her 'new look' at the end of the show, she seems much thinner and in a good mood :heart:
100114146.jpg

Omg... I love the whole look Daria werbowy wore out at the beginning of the Prada Show!
Gorgeous!

i looked at this oollection few times also & agree wih Lena. on a right kind of woman these
clothes won't look frumpy, i've seen some girls who look stunning in Prada. not much for me, personally, but it's still an interesting collection. as for shoes, i'm not really feeling it.

mmmm huge fan of Prada a/w '03 and the spring is just brill for me! Not sure it would look good on me but i'd try anyway! hehehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"