Prada S/S 04 Milan

Originally posted by Lena+Oct 3rd, 2003 - 5:26 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Oct 3rd, 2003 - 5:26 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-pearsandapples@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 6:42 am
it looks excactly like the fall line...
full skirts were not there for Prada fall, were they pears? :unsure:

[/b][/quote]
hi lena!

while i have to agree that the full skirt was added and that muccia looked great :heart: ... all the other similarities make me over look that fact.

this collection really stands out to me because of its heaviness. the colors and the weight of the clothing is not light. it is very stark and masculine. but, most of all, the shapes have been used by prada for many collections, and these shapes, in my opinion, are hardly wearable.

my first note is of the outerwear. the fall collection was marked by heavy coats with no closures and belted waists. they have that baggy 50's look, that i wish had been left behind in the 50's. these coats carry over to the spring collections as sleeveless cotton frocks over bathing suits, plaid long sleeve belted coats over dresses, and even a gold one. it it the shape that counts to me. and because i wasn't a fan of this shape in the fall collection, it really stood out to me here.

also, the shirts and sweater sets are always used. tucked in and with that "boyfriend" look. this time, instead of baggy pants, we are given baggy shorts. these boyish looks are very unflattering and sloppy. the boy inspired look is done as resort wear for spring and city wear for fall. but they come from the same foundation. they are just versions of the same look. that is what i notice.

lastly, the dresses have the same stream lined look. the shell shaped tops. the belted waists. the slim hips and slightly flared hem. some i even correlate with the f/w 2002 and the 2001 collections... the fur and other accessories... are all done in the same light. and while the full skirt dresses and some of the accents are appealing to me... they don't really change my mind about the collection as a whole. prada's lines have been too retro for me and too unwearable. the past two collections have been very masculine, despite the inclusion of dresses. the clothes are overly boxy and shapeless. and i don't find that appealing.

Originally posted by pearsandapples@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 8:50 pm
this collection really stands out to me because of its heaviness. the colors and the weight of the clothing is not light.

... the fur and other accessories... are all done in the same light.

prada's lines have been too retro for me and too unwearable
i completly agree with those highlights of your post pears :wink: .
the colours were mostly heavy for spring, it struck me
as out of place with the mood of the collection.

Originally posted by Lena+Oct 3rd, 2003 - 2:06 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Oct 3rd, 2003 - 2:06 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-pearsandapples@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 8:50 pm
this collection really stands out to me because of its heaviness. the colors and the weight of the clothing is not light.  

... the fur and other accessories... are all done in the same light.

prada's lines have been too retro for me and too unwearable
i completly agree with those highlights of your post pears :wink: .
the colours were mostly heavy for spring, it struck me
as out of place with the mood of the collection. [/b][/quote]
hi again, lena! :wink:

i think sometimes an overall feel is what i am take from a collection... if that makes any sense at all!

i must say that i love the shoes. and the detailed shots of the clothing are very lovely. some of the intricacies of the pieces are just phenomemal. the details of the clothing are what made this collection fun to look at for me, as i was not too fond of the clothing themselves.

details were really amazing pears and i know exactly what you mean by
overall feel is what i am take from a collection...

i'm like this myself :flower:

I agree with Astrid. :flower:

I'm not really into this collection. The pleated skirts and some pieces suggested Miu Miu last season and some touches were very predictable and quite tiring too see. Expecting something much, much better and more inventive. :doh:

I don't like Prada. :( I usually like the shoes, but not this time.

i'm working on the collections so i had to go through Prada again, here is my looks wishlist for summer.
btw, I guess it is not a coincidence between Jil Sander's paintbrush inspired prints and Prada's tie-dye , piece dye themes. Prada group goes 'handmade' chic. :wink:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Oct 4th, 2003 - 4:10 am
I agree with Astrid. :flower:

I'm not really into this collection. The pleated skirts and some pieces suggested Miu Miu last season and some touches were very predictable and quite tiring too see. Expecting something much, much better and more inventive. :doh:
Same here. :wacko: Prada has become so season specific. :rolleyes: I guess I just like my clothes a little more modern.

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Oct 2nd, 2003 - 12:24 am
thanks for the pics :flower:

prada isnt for my taste, but it is lovely :wink:

this dress is gorgous !!!
100114143.jpg

love these shoes too.....
100113949.jpg
me too..

That dress is starting to grow on me but I can tell it will be worn to death. :doh:

Full Collection HQ's Part IV

Stylebistro

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"