Prada S/S 2021

seeing all of it looks better (wish there were other models instead...), all those words need to go!

keep it simple, Prada!!

seeing all of it looks better (wish there were other models instead...), all those words need to go!

keep it simple, Prada!!

Keep

——————————————— it
———————————————————
———————
simple,————————

———-Prada!!

I wouldn’t look too much into this. It’s completely obvious that it was shot directly before or after the show in September. It was the new direction that the brand had intended to go for. The fact that the resort campaign came as such a spontaneous surprise proves that someone had doubts on the direction of the spring campaign after it was shot. From a financial standpoint it makes perfect sense to run a campaign that was already shot and paid for, regardless of the content. Now is not a time for brands to be frivolous with money, especially for Prada. However, I do believe it would have been worth it in the long run to reshoot it with different clothes. There was nothing remotely marketable or desirable in the collection. Maybe a bag or two, but that’s it. I would have rather had them pull looks from the men’s SS21 collection and shoot that alongside this collection. At least then they would have something editorial mixed with something sellable. As is, it’s going to be a guaranteed flop. I give him one more season of this nonsense before Patrizio Bertelli kicks him to the curb.

Creative director: Ferdinando Verderi

fed-up-woman.gif

Very stale, a couple of nice shots but for Prada is just so cold and sterile. Prada celebrates life, femeninity and a certain joie-de-vivre. It's even sadder to see these type of campaign just after the release of that astounding Glen Luchford for Prada book...heights of image-making that will never be reached again.

That Verderi person is so aesthetically challenged I'm actually amazed he manages to get ANY work. He's a perfect match for current Marni but please get him out of here!

I really hope Prada will be the final nail to Raf's coffin :heart:
There's a big difference between being intellectual (or intellectual in a fake way) and being pretentious. I'm pretty sure Raf would never read some more challenging books and just pretends to be so into high-brow stuff because he likes contemporary art. He's the epitome of being pretentious. And that is exactly what I see here: questions that are so stupid that they're not even food for thought done in a layout so bad it hurts. I won't even comment on the quality of those pictures because there's literally nothing to comment on.

What really scares me is that this campaign is even worse than the clothes from this collection and it says a lot because the show was a disaster. That's why I think Prada will be completely dead soon.

NO! after their Resort campaign, why this? whyyyyy?!
Steven is expensive, he was earning 30-35 thousand dollars for one day shooting 10 years ago. When he was working regularly on Prada ads he need one week for publicity photography. Moreover you have to add other costs: models, make-up artist, hairdresser, studio and a lot of people. They produce this after show. It is much cheaper.

Steven is expensive, he was earning 30-35 thousand dollars for one day shooting 10 years ago. When he was working regularly on Prada ads he need one week for publicity photography. Moreover you have to add other costs: models, make-up artist, hairdresser, studio and a lot of people. They produce this after show. It is much cheaper.
Prada also isn't raking in the money like they used to :rofl:

Ive said it before but Raf is really the brand assassin. Verderi is another slick talking platitude of a joke. Its just a miracle how these folks stay afloat with all the real talent out there fighting to survive.

Shots are ruined by Verderi.

The Raf hate and Meisel nostalgia re:Prada found here is a bit laughable at this point.

Shots are ruined by Verderi.

The Raf hate and Meisel nostalgia re:Prada found here is a bit laughable at this point.
It's not our fault if Meisel latest campaign for Prada was better than anything they have put out for the last 3 years...
As for Raf, no comment (even though I bought a lot of his Calvin stuff on sales on Yoox).

Creative Director: Fernando Verderi
Stylist: Olivier Rizzo
Hair: Anthony Turner
Makeup: Pat McGrath
Cast: Vira Boshkova, Rolf Carmona, Alice Cooper, Ruben De Baecke, Taira Go, Evelina Grinberga, Dara Gueyer, Isa Gustafson, Greta Hoffer, Dija Kallon, Lydia Kloos, Lamine Niang, Fatou Samb, Sin Seungmo, Haroon Sherzad, Adrien Smarts, Jesse Spruit

Design Scene

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->