Prada S/S 2021

Why are they so secretive about the photographer? ...

I wish there's no text on these pics. I kinda like the pics cos they remind me of early Raf-Jil Sander ads.

Why are they so secretive about the photographer? ...

Because there likely isn't one:

'.....Prada's Spring Summer 2021 campaign captured by hundreds of cameras, circling models in 360-degrees, simultaneously capture a multitude of views.'

Did I miss something? Where is the confirmation that Vanderperre shot this?

It's his signature bland, sterile lifeless style of photography. I assumed it confirmed when someone changed the thread title? No idea.

^^ MDC.

The Society also posted pictures of the campaign on IG crediting Willy.

I just don’t understand why would she pair with him?
I thought he’s influence would be at a minimum after CD and Calvin Klein.

also, if she’s in such need of someone to brainstorm ideas with why not going for some new blood?

and for real, Willy Vanderperre’s photography can be sooooo underwhelming....

^^ MDC.

The Society also posted pictures of the campaign on IG crediting Willy.
Interesting, because I just read this on wmagazine.com:
The press release kept it simple: “The Prada spring/summer 2021 campaign is photographed by no one.”

At least, it wasn’t photographed by anything living. Instead, hundreds of cameras circled the models, simultaneously capturing a plethora of 360-degree views.

Interesting, because I just read this on wmagazine.com:
This would make more sense, because this is how the show was done..... very conflicting. I guess we’ll know for sure in the coming days? Most photos are indeed being posted with no photog credit.

It just goes to show how everyone is confused by this campaign :rofl:

Weeeeell ... this is what it is regarding creativity, but casting-wise, at least the mens´ ones, scream Raf and I'm loving it. He translated aesthetically the vibe of his longtime muse, Luca Lemaire, to Prada language with that new face from Rebel Management, Haroon Sherzad. Love when these things happen.

Is Prada still relevant?

Omg, I didn't even realise it but Rizzo is the stylist so it makes sense that Willy Vanderperre is indeed back at Prada. His work for this brand was like the proverbial kiss of death.
The only way is down for them going forward and I won't have any sympathy. I mean, Prada must've known Willy's work is not helping the brand and that's why they ditched him in the first place? But then they brought in a designer who got sacked because he partially killed CK? And now Willy is actually back? Yeah, no. Good luck with being an irrelevant brand because the hype around this Raf collab will die soon and nobody cares for Vanderperre's photography, so yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"