Prada S/S 2021

Because there likely isn't one:

'.....Prada's Spring Summer 2021 campaign captured by hundreds of cameras, circling models in 360-degrees, simultaneously capture a multitude of views.'

Picture this:

Milan, September 2020. Prada headquarters, Miuccia and Patrizio are eating salami and bread in a grey office. Suddenly, Ferdinando appears, saying he's finalized the S/S 2021 campaign – and it didn't cost them a cent! So he starts presenting the shots when all of a sudden Miuccia screams out something about her life being more important than marketing and leaves. Patrizio looks at the images confused and then asks: "Is this TakTak?" Ferdinando says yes and Patrizio asks Ferdinando to send the images to Lorenzo for final approval. Ferdinando sends him previews and Lorenzo approves of them while driving a race car.

Do you guys think this campaign might be a way to ease Willy Vanderperre's aesthetic back into Prada or no? The photos do evoke his sterile and high brightness style, hence why some of us were confused if these were by Vandeperre or not. It reminds of a less-retouched version of the Spring 2019 campaign. I hope not but I might have to prepare for that to be the reality.

What in the Ju-on Kayako hell is that video?

Source British Vogue digital edition

623A64F6-5C7C-43BD-94BB-90B84F30BD92.jpeg 7792319F-A5EC-4B49-82C3-8A8060656151.jpeg

I remember when Karl shaded Raf by saying it doesn't take a week to decide where a button goes.

I think the idea for the 360 camera thing was not bad it's just executed poorly, you'd think they would have maybe installed a background color at least.

Clothes are atrocious ofc... goes without saying really.

Couple of things. I'm 99% sure that Willy didn't shoot this. As for Meisel's Holiday campaign, that was actually shot in early September prior to this collection/campaign. From what I heard, they wanted to do something big for Muiccia's last solo collection. As far as I know, it was more an homage to the past than a look towards the future so I wouldn't be surprised if that was a one-off... but we will see what happens moving forward.

qO7Hon4x_t.jpg

I don't know Raf but I am pretty sure you have none of them.

Design Scene

Last edited:
The posts in this thread are too good :lol:. Especially the suggestion of letting the bots loose on the Prada website.

All this faux-intellectualism just to sell bags and shoes? Cringe.

This is the worst campaign this season. The images look like screenshots and the clothes doesn't look appealing at all. You're telling me that they're trying to sell clothes with these pictures?

I remember when Karl shaded Raf by saying it doesn't take a week to decide where a button goes.

I miss Karl.

also agree that the 360o camera idea is nice but the result is meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acctforstylethings
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"