Prada S/S 2025 Milan

I was expecting JW Anderson next to Prada at the end.

I think Prada with Raf has become like Balenciaga under Demna (or JW Anderson in his own brand or at Loewe) :it is not about making ugly things look chic anymore, it´s just pure trolling! It feels like they are making bets to show the most lazy and uninteresting collection each season.

Windbreakers should never be paired with evening gowns...mmmmmm this is not new for the brand ...if its one brand that mix sports activewear shapes or materials with lady like couture/rtw is Prada.
You’re right, and liked it theoretically. It kind of looked like twisted Courreges but it just wasn’t executed well imo.

No it's clear cut. The girls who want to do the PG shows, which is all of the good ones, cannot do Brokaw stuff if it is time sensitive. They can if the timing works. Some of them do, but not many. All of the PG girls did Max Mara this morning which didn't start until 12:30. Prada was at 2pm. So none of them could participate. None of them even cast for it because PG is the priority casting director by a big margin. PG has first option on all the best girls and Brokaw gets the second or third batch. New faces etc. Everyone knows that. Might be one or two exceptions but not many. Brokaw gets the second tier when shows are back to back. That is widely accepted.

At max mara this morning. If there's a girl here that isn't in the top bracket then do say :

yeah, but the girls you mentioned were never an option for the show, hence the overload of new faces. if they had been cast, they would've opted for prada over max mara or done both, especially with the four-hour time difference between the two. images of max mara were posted at 11:28 a.m., so all was said and done by 12:30.

I had some time to digest this terrible undercooked dish muccia and raf plated for us.
And I can’t stomach it.

We’re looking at a flat image of Prada isms and archives. Flat in a literal sense. But also flat culturally. I imagine swift discussions between muccia and raf to come to this lazy excursion in design. The imprints of movement have been done by demna, with more succes and conviction. The imagery of belts and wool are margiela through and through and render pradas charm flat and soulless. The re edition of the iconic shoes only remind us that the outfit and top is severely lacking.

What a tragic and cynical collection this is. I feel bad for raf, he’s a great designer and I hear he’s really passionate about art, at this point he should step away from this, because he’s clearly sucking the life out of it.

Okay so just saw an interview and they say there were inspired in algorithms, that’s why it’s so random… That these days we receive so many information that they wanted to reflect that in the show instead of having 4 classic themes. Still…

I’m shocked by HOW BAD it looks in video!!!

This was clearly a Raf experiment on AI generated looks/collection, the algorithm clearly mixed with obvious Pierre Cardin 60's references, I don't know how to feel about these statements, it's confusing somehow, but makes sense in this day and age. It's grown on me. Especially that black feathered dress and the Courrèges silver leather pieces with large holes! I want to see some details, especially those random past season shoe choices up close.

Last edited:
SHOW NOTES :

“Today is a period of endless information, driven by algorithms where each person sees their own version of the present, their own reality curated for them,” Miuccia Prada in the notes said.

“We exist in an era of extreme information, immersed in a constant stream of content. Our consumption of the infinite panorama offered by the Internet is driven by algorithms, finite sequences of instructions that circumscribe the decidable through logic in a fundamentally illogical world,” read the show notes. “If that interpretation posits an architecture of understanding, in contrast humanity can be defined by its unpredictability, a rejection of the derivative and expected.”

“There is a plurality of Prada, elements from different eras coexisting simultaneously to challenge any theory of chronology, creating impossible contradictions, points of difference,” the show notes continue. “Infinite options proffer infinite opportunities. Chance is presented as an expression of free will, the unanticipated something only possible through human intervention, invention and choice that cannot be replicated.”
HARPERS BAZAAR + PRADA + VOGUE RUNWAY

Ugly Chic on level 100 I loved it. I think the message is to mix it up and play around for spring. In the stores as items I think these are going to be hits

theres a way to make pretty ugly still look finished and polished... lv did it already in their recent shanghai collection... did prada really need to try their hands on it

Oh! the references and inspiration has a big energy
I saw these pictures and my mind and heart were bumping
Why couldn't the show channel that energy? Why can't two brilliant minds do something fabulous with all that archival material? And that catwalk looks like those stores where they sell second-hand clothes for a dollar a kilogram.
The good thing about it is that I am turning to the sixties and that overwhelming spirit fo inspiration.
I guess today's designers live with fear, pressure and with their hands tied to be free and a little crazy.

1726817090379.png1726817176025.png

This is lacking vision and cohesiveness on a whole new level ... it's sad really!
Its a choice not lack of it ...if you hear her backstage interview or read the reviews it was a deliberate choice to give multiple options she is aloud to break her own rules or ideas of vision or cohesiveness, that's the whole way of prada every thing she does is to move on from what she did before or revisit in a new way.

People are scared to be individual any more it's the right time to do something more chaotic and seemling random with all the AI and algortim pre set choices etc it makes sense to celebrate human side of un cohesiveness and unpredictable.

Sad is that we tlife in a society that thinks that individuality is less valuable now .

I was thinking, the algorithm is not supposed to show you the things you like (similar ones) and not too different ones?

My Instagram is all about fashion and my friends’ all about football… I don’t know 🙄

Also, I feel like with social media we are more similar than ever… I actually feel the opposite of Miuccia. Everybody goes, does, drinks, eats, wears the same places, the same things, the same restaurants, the same garments…

SHOW NOTES :

HARPERS BAZAAR + PRADA + VOGUE RUNWAY
giphy.gif

Giphy

theres a way to make pretty ugly still look finished and polished... lv did it already in their recent shanghai collection... did prada really need to try their hands on it
it's prada territory so why not ? i like LV by NG but this i feel is more wearable and reality of it feels more fresh

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->