Prada S/S 2025 Milan

wtf was that opening look and model?
this is ALL bad (except the bags which I quite liked).

He never existed. It was the magic of Patrick van Ommeslaeghe.
That sadly makes so much sense. I have always been in love with his early Jil Sander days, especially FW/07 and S/S09.

I had high hopes he could bring some of that glacial minimalism to his work at Prada (or even his CK days), but oh well :wacko:

I will say though, I do love that green fur trimmed housecoat! Give me that with some kitten heels and chandelier earrings :heart:

can we just go back to the cars collection or maybe the flowers one. I wont be surprised if Gen Z's only know Prada as a boots with mini wallets seller.

can we just go back to the cars collection or maybe the flowers one. I wont be surprised if Gen Z's only know Prada as a boots with mini wallets seller.
I loved the gold one and the guipure 🥺 or fall 07, that was to cry for

I really miss that kind of boldness. For me, her 2002-2009 years were the best. After 2010 everything went downhill.

I loved the gold one and the guipure 🥺 or fall 07, that was to cry for

I really miss that kind of boldness. For me, her 2002-2009 years were the best. After 2010 everything went downhill.
Agree. For me, Prada Spring 2013 was the last great, memorable show.

Ever since then, she kind of lost it. Was that when she lost Manuela? After Spring 2013, she couldn't get herself out of the cartoony aesthetic that was such a hit in the monkeys and bananas show. It worked for a little bit after with the cars show and the spring Japanese flower show, but it got totally played out at the sporty street art show. It was unbearable by the comic strip collection.

Then Raf came along.

To be fair Spring 2011 was pretty memorable, for the wedge espadrilles if nothing else. But Fall 2007 will always be my favourite too. Alas...

Agree. For me, Prada Spring 2013 was the last great, memorable show.

Ever since then, she kind of lost it. Was that when she lost Manuela? After Spring 2013, she couldn't get herself out of the cartoony aesthetic that was such a hit in the monkeys and bananas show. It worked for a little bit after with the cars show and the spring Japanese flower show, but it got totally played out at the sporty street art show. It was unbearable by the comic strip collection.

Then Raf came along.

I've sometimes wondered if I'm simply looking back at the mid-2000s - early-2010s collections I "grew up with" in my formative years of becoming interested in fashion with rose-tinted glasses, because I've often thought the same. I'm glad (/sad) to know others agree. That period really was the best!

Ever since then, the collections have looked so much less distinct from one another; they really just blur into one. Such a shame.

I've sometimes wondered if I'm simply looking back at the mid-2000s - early-2010s collections I "grew up with" in my formative years of becoming interested in fashion with rose-tinted glasses, because I've often thought the same. I'm glad (/sad) to know others agree. That period really was the best!

Ever since then, the collections have looked so much less distinct from one another; they really just blur into one. Such a shame.
I don’t think that’s the main reason though. I really believe the world of fashion peaked at that time. It was before the social networks. Everything was more… elevated. Talent was valuable. They still did shows/garments for the sake of beauty (Theyskens) and real experimentation (Ghesquière). It was made for a few connoisseurs. After 2010 that luxury really exploded and became show business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->