Prada style

i dunno, im 24 and find prada menswear to be plenty youthful and trendy......

first kaos, may I ask how old you are??

dl

Originally posted by first_kaos@Apr 21st, 2004 - 7:39 am
Prada is uncomfortable to wear and there is nothing sexy about it, unlike versace which accents everything womanly.
what is and what is not considered sexy , is clearly a matter of personal taste, culture and lifestyle kaos.

Originally posted by Lena+Apr 21st, 2004 - 6:08 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Apr 21st, 2004 - 6:08 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-first_kaos@Apr 21st, 2004 - 7:39 am
Prada is uncomfortable to wear and there is nothing sexy about it, unlike versace which accents everything womanly.
what is and what is not considered sexy , is clearly a matter of personal taste, culture and lifestyle kaos. [/b][/quote]
:clap: You managed to condense what I was attempting to say in one sentence :flower:

glad you agree cicciolina :flower:

now, just an off topic newsbit
proving the success of the Prada Group.

Prada Japan Earnings Up 35%

TOKYO — Thanks to a sales increase of 10 percent, Prada Japan, which has the Prada, Miu Miu, Jil Sander and Helmut Lang brands in its stable, reported a 35 percent year-over-year increase in pretax earnings.

This is the second year the company reported a double-digit sales increase.

The firm posted sales of $293 million, or 33 billion yen, for the year ended Dec. 31, while earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization came in at $16.9 million, or 1.9 billion yen. The gain in pretax earnings was mainly due to the strong sales increase, an improved profit ratio and efficient management, the company said.

In 2003, Prada Japan opened two flagships in Tokyo: a three-story flagship in Ginza and the “epicenter concept store” in Aoyama. The Japanese market accounts for 20 percent of the entire sales at the Prada Group. This year, the company said 75 percent of the existing stores will be renovated.

During the first quarter of this year, the company opened three stores. The group has over :blink: 60 directly operated stores throughout Japan.

— Koji Hirano
from wwd :flower:

surely its absolutley blinkered just to think that Versace is sexy and Prada is frumpy. Is the definition of sexy big breasts & exposed flesh? Does that mean that no-one was sexy in the past before women wore flesh baring clothes? Surely sexy is all things to all people & to some Prada is sexy & to others it is Versace - no hard & fast rules exsist about what actually 'is' sexy as its purely subjective...

Originally posted by first_kaos@Apr 21st, 2004 - 1:39 am
Should I nominate this quote to the Guinness Book of Records for the most ridiculous fashion-related comment ever made? :rolleyes:

Oh and where are the earlier posts in this thread? Why have they been deleted? I'm kind of confused reading an opening post in a thread that's responding to something else...

i know that i'm normally the one to box designers into "look" categories however, i think we need to seperate the prada look from actual prada merchandise...bc while the look might be cerebral and intellegent and exploratory, i think that most (if not all) of prada's mainstays really vary wildly from person to person. i have a friend who wears the perfect prada cardigan with nothing underneath and there's nothing sexier, but then i have a friend who pairs the same thing with a christopher fisher tee, a knee-length skirt, and manolos and looks stately and modern. the past two seasons prada has put a lot of clothing out that really takes a lot of work to not look goofy and fashion-victimy...her total looks work for like a week before you see a million people copying them...the joy of prada i thought has been in the sort of slant that ageless prada piece can give to any ensemble

Originally posted by first_kaos@Apr 21st, 2004 - 1:39 am
Oi. Here we go again. Did you ever thing that there may be some occassions where showing as much square footage of skin as possible is not appropriate? For example, I work in a male dominated field. If I were to show up dressing like a wh*re I would lose any and all respect that I may have built with my intelligence and surgical skills.

I'm also beginning to think that you actually haven't seen any of the Prada collections. Perhaps you should look into that before making your ASSumptions.

Originally posted by Orochian@Apr 21st, 2004 - 3:40 pm

Oh and where are the earlier posts in this thread? Why have they been deleted? I'm kind of confused reading an opening post in a thread that's responding to something else...
excuses but i had to split this into a new topic from the Versace sexy dress thread, because it was getting off topic :ninja:

so, this is actually a new topic for discussing Prada in relation to sex and age groups.

i know it may be complicated, in order to avoid this kind of confusing situations, we should try to stay on topic :flower:

I am only 15 but Prada is the collection I most look forward to each season and the one I most enjoy looking at. I may not be able to even imagine myself wearing the clothes but I still enjoy looking at the collection as I find it inspirational and beautiful. I don't ever really consider whether a piece of clothing is sexy or not, but I think on many people it will be, it just depends on what you see as sexy and how you put the clothes together as mentioned before. I think when you wear a dress from a collection like Versace, its kind of like you're saying 'I am sexy' where as when you wear a Prada outfit more of your personality will show through.

Originally posted by cosmocat@Apr 21st, 2004 - 7:59 pm
I am only 15 but Prada is the collection I most look forward to each season and the one I most enjoy looking at. I may not be able to even imagine myself wearing the clothes but I still enjoy looking at the collection as I find it inspirational and beautiful. I don't ever really consider whether a piece of clothing is sexy or not, but I think on many people it will be, it just depends on what you see as sexy and how you put the clothes together as mentioned before. I think when you wear a dress from a collection like Versace, its kind of like you're saying 'I am sexy' where as when you wear a Prada outfit more of your personality will show through.
:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->