Secondary/Diffusion Lines: Identify

Arturo21 said:
I think they're Class by Roberto Cavalli (Class..that's funny..roberto cavalli..class..:lol:) and Just Cavalli.

Also Roberto Cavalli Freedom

does anyone know about valantino red diffusion line- is it still made and was their a men's line?

travis_nw8 said:
does anyone know about valantino red diffusion line- is it still made and was their a men's line?

this is from saks.com...they just started selling the women's line:

Not a color, a symbol of style. An unusual point of view. R.E.D. transports couture to a contemporary urban space.

A youth-focused line comprised of modern classics that are meant to be mixed with absolute freedom. The line offers updated basics with inspiration that is drawn from diverse elements.

Each collection offers a new look for the universe of Valentino, providing a contemporary point of view in the midst of iconic style. Couture detailing -chiffon, bows, velvet and lace are mixed with denim and simple T-shirts to create pieces that are unique and unmistakably Valentino.

"I start with the most recognizable elements of my work, my creative team and I create each collection for which the letters R.E.D. signify," said Valentino Garavani on naming the line. R.E.D. is an acronym for which the letters are deciphered each season.

as far as i know, there is a men's collection too...

a lot of people do not understand, fashion demands so much of a person that it ca only be done in a team, no one designer is strong in everything that is needed to make a really good collection, take for example, julien mcdonal who got his start at chanel because he was very strong in nitwear and the great karl kaiser needed that, also jose enrique ona selfa who once did all the knitwear in the early theyskens collections. i am also myself a designer, whose expertise is tailoring (hard fABRICS) but is average in chiffons and lightweight fabrics. i just interviewed an intern who is very strong in knits whom i'm planning on hiring to help me with adding some strong knits to my collection.

also, designers do not make a lot of money from thier main collections, so a secondary line produced an distibuted in large volumes generate the cash needed to keep a business going especially now when thereis a cost for advertising, fashion shows, stylists, models, etc. what designers signature lines have primarily become is what couture is to the french houses, an avenue to advertise and to create buzz around a brand also a forum for thier creative output. wqhatever money is made from it is bonus because the real money is made from the fragrance shoes leather goods and the dreaded liscencing game which does diminish the quality of certain designers work.

zamb said:
a lot of people do not understand, fashion demands so much of a person that it ca only be done in a team, no one designer is strong in everything that is needed to make a really good collection, take for example, julien mcdonal who got his start at chanel because he was very strong in nitwear and the great karl kaiser needed that, also jose enrique ona selfa who once did all the knitwear in the early theyskens collections. i am also myself a designer, whose expertise is tailoring (hard fABRICS) but is average in chiffons and lightweight fabrics. i just interviewed an intern who is very strong in knits whom i'm planning on hiring to help me with adding some strong knits to my collection.

also, designers do not make a lot of money from thier main collections, so a secondary line produced an distibuted in large volumes generate the cash needed to keep a business going especially now when thereis a cost for advertising, fashion shows, stylists, models, etc. what designers signature lines have primarily become is what couture is to the french houses, an avenue to advertise and to create buzz around a brand also a forum for thier creative output. wqhatever money is made from it is bonus because the real money is made from the fragrance shoes leather goods and the dreaded liscencing game which does diminish the quality of certain designers work.

I think you are talking only about one kind of designer here. Where do you draw the line between making enough money to continue what you love doing or exploiting fashion for your own and your financial bakcker's monetary gain?

Designers that have crossed the 2nd line, 3x, 4x, 5x...

Giorgio Armani-
Armani Exchange
Armani Exchange Jeans
Armani Jeans
Emporio Armani
Emporio Armani Jeans
Emporio Armani Sport
Mani by Giorgio Armani
Armani Le Collezioni
Armani Intimo
Armani Sport
Armani Casa
Armani Woman
Giorgio Armani (white/black labels intermixed)
Armani Prive

Ralph Lauren-
Polo Jeans Co. by Ralph Lauren
Polo by Ralph Lauren
Ralph kids
Ralph Lauren jeans
Ralph Lauren intimate (lingere)
Ralph Lauren Sport
Ralph Woman (plus sizes)
Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren
Ralph by Ralph Lauren
Lauren by Ralph Lauren
Blue by Ralph Lauren
Ralph Lauren Purple Collection
Ralph Lauren Collection (runway)
Ralph Lauren Black Label (couture... $10'000+)

Versace-
Gianni Versace (runway intermixed)
Gianni Versace Couture (runway intermixed)
Versace (runway intermixed)
Atelier Versace (discontinued)
Versace Sport
Versace Intensive
Versace Intimo
GV by Versace (discontinued womans plus size)
Versus by Gianni Versace (discontinued name of Versus *pre-Donatella*)
Versus Versace (current)
Versace Jeans Signature
Versace Jeans Couture (usually sold with Versus but of inferior quality)
Versace Home Signature
Istante (discontinued diffusion line of Versace's ex lover 'Antonio)
Istante Sport (discontinued)

PRADA-
Prada Milano
Prada (wht/blk label *not sure if theres a difference between colour tags but I always seem to notice a 'mystery' collection that I never did see on runway or pre-collection...)
Prada Neve (ski collection)
Prada Sport
Prada Sport Jeans
Granello (Patrizio Bertelli's accessories collections sold at SPACE.,i.e Prada's Discount Outlet)
Miu Miu (*Miu Miu Sport- not really a line but I've noticed a lot of 'sportier' items from this collection interpreted for MIU MIU)

Versace-
Gianni Versace (runway intermixed)
Gianni Versace Couture (runway intermixed)
Versace (runway intermixed)
Atelier Versace (discontinued)
Versace Sport
Versace Intensive
Versace Intimo
GV by Versace (discontinued womans plus size)
Versus by Gianni Versace (discontinued name of Versus *pre-Donatella*)
Versus Versace (current)
Versace Jeans Signature
Versace Jeans Couture (usually sold with Versus but of inferior quality)
Versace Home Signature
Istante (discontinued diffusion line of Versace's ex lover 'Antonio)
Istante Sport (discontinued)

Was Exte by Versace?

Was Exte by Versace?[/QUOTE]

... Exte, NO. Exte is a line created by Italian SpA Holding Company IT (ITIERRE Made in Italy). The company that produces and manufactures many Versace merchandise including Versace Jeans and Versus. The designer is never in a long term contract with the Company and the line is considered to be Italy's young hip and 'experimental' fashion brands for the young at heart. The last designer I remember at this house was Antonio Berardi.

Andro said:
Ralph Lauren-
Polo Jeans Co. by Ralph Lauren
Polo by Ralph Lauren
Ralph kids
Ralph Lauren jeans
Ralph Lauren intimate (lingere)
Ralph Lauren Sport
Ralph Woman (plus sizes)
Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren
Ralph by Ralph Lauren
Lauren by Ralph Lauren
Blue by Ralph Lauren
Ralph Lauren Purple Collection
Ralph Lauren Collection (runway)
Ralph Lauren Black Label (couture... $10'000+)

the list of ralph lauren brands are:

women
ralph lauren collection (what you see on the runway)
ralph lauren black label
ralph lauren blue label
lauren
polo jeans co.
ralph lauren golf

men
ralph lauren purple label
polo
rlx (the sport line)
polo golf
polo jeans co.

kids
ralph lauren kids
ralph lauren baby

there's also ralph lauren rugby, a new concept with four stores.

ThisHollywoodLfe said:
If someone could put up the Cavalli diffusion lines, I'd greatly appreciate it, I have some doubts about his stuff but I really don't know where I would look for this kind of information, thanks.

and then there's the absolutely hideous underwear range called cavalli freedom...ouch!

From the site...

Burberry Prorsum
Burberry London
Burberry Golf

they also have childrenswear, timepieces, house and eyewear.

can anyone explain the difference between all the different vivienne westwood lines? ie gold label, red label, anglomania etc?

i find it confusing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->