Prada to Pursue IPO in 2008

I see your point, Acid, but when it comes to revenues and all those financial issues, it`s actually way more profitable to have several houses under the roof of your conglommerate than to have only one. So they might have been successful with using craftsmanship for Prada that was originally developed for the other brands, that were then slowly put away, but financially I don`t think the whole calculation paid off!

of corse it would make more sense to have lots of successful houses under one roof but i think that Miuccia cares more about her own label than anything else. i think that she has been more focused on turning prada into a superbrand.
now that they have every avenue covered, i think that theyve set up some pretty steady and very profitable areas of business ( denim, sport, fragrance ) aside from the RTW. that will pay for itself in no time (and maybe even clear some of her debt)

im pretty sure also that next year we'll start seeing miumiu fragrances and other miumiu avenues

You are wrong in several ways. Shareholders are the one's who vote for managment (CEO, CFO, COO, President, VP, etc). They do not affect creative in the sense that they go into the atelier and help drape; but, they do in the sense that splurging millions on new stores, extensive runway or other productions and things like that are taken into account. Also, shoes/bags/fragrance must be profitable enough to make up for the losses of ready-to-wear. Shareholders have EVERY right when it comes to a company because they are the OWNERS of the company.

althought that is the way it works on many companies, i think we should keep in mind that we know nothing about HOW they are gonna go public. shareholders have rights to vote if that's what the company's statues say, in this case, they may not. we don't know yet.

I must agree with PrinceofCats too... "begin?" come on, she doesnt exactly fits into the timeless pieces kinda brand, but she sure isnt "underground" (as opposed to commercial or mainstream)

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize that when you are a publically held company that it is the share holders who own the company?
I imagine they will only offer 49% of the company to sale.

I've just spent the last 20 mins trying to convince my commerce grad. brother that Prada is worth investing in. He believes it's too unstable a body to finance, but also admits he hasn't really got a clue about the subject, fashion/luxury that is. Anywho, my point is...

Would/Will you invest in Prada once it's on the Exchange?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->