Prague shopping

Sugo

Reaction score
Alright, I finally got my vacation planned for late May/Early June.
Any suggestions anyone has will be greatly appreciated (shopping or otherwise).
:flower:

I am going to Odessa, Ukraine, Vienna, Prague and Budapest.
I can't wait :woot:

Hmm, not much shopping there, but:

Prague - Opera is a must, it's ridiculously cheap.
Vienna - Ballet is a must.

Both Vienna and Prague are goregeous, and I hear Budapest is a little rundown version of Vienna (since it was one empire, the old architecture is of the same style).

Here is one of the pictures I took.

well i live in prague so im always glad to help if you have questions :flower:

opera is great, like faust said. the narodni divadlo and obecni dum are both gorgeous. as far as shopping is concerned, there isn't too much to check out, and i don't know what shops you prefer...but at Vaclavske Na Mesti they have a few good shops, a huge zara, a huge mango, a great shop called Vero Moda..

there is also a shopping center in Novy Smichov and another one in Metropole, although it is quite far from the center of Prague.

if you like animals, you have to check out the Prague zoo. it's gorgeous.
you should also visit (obviously) Prazhskij Hrad, which is probably one of the biggest tourist attractions, along with the Charles Bridge.

another lovely place is Petrin Hill, you can take the (foonikuler..<- thats in russian, no idea how to say it in english..) up there and they have a mini rip off of the Eiffel Tower and lovely gardens.

have fun!

Originally posted by crystalized@Mar 28th, 2004 - 6:16 am
another lovely place is Petrin Hill, you can take the (foonikuler..<- thats in russian, no idea how to say it in english..) up there and they have a mini rip off of the Eiffel Tower and lovely gardens.

have fun!
I did that, it was awesome!

I love Prague, I'd come back any day...

lol
they have a foonikulor??!!
LOL
I will definately do that. Crystalized...I speak Russian....I think we chatted before, I'm from Ukraine.
Is it better to get tickets to the opera once we get there? Or in advance?
I heard that it's cheaper for same day performances.

yeah im from ukraine too, kiev. :smile:

yeah it is cheaper for same day performances, but to be safe its better to get tickets two or so days earlier, to get better seats.

check out the 'parizhska' street which is in the center. its lovely, and has some beautiful cafes. its the street with a nice louis vuitton shop and a hermes..and an upcoming dior, too..so its like the 'luxury' street.

Hi,

I was born in Prague, so I know a lot things to do in Prague. You should visit a street called Pariszka, Louis Vuitton, Hermes and many more are located there...

If you wanna have a cool drink visit Bugsy's it's near the Hermes Boutique kind of nice there.

Also you should visit Karluv Most, the best time is in the evening, when its dark outside so you can see the lights of the "castle".

Thats all for know

Dan

Street a Licious,
I'd love to, but i'm going for only a few days with my mother (we're visiting relatives in Ukraine, so we figured to stop by a few places in Europe while we're there). I don't think I'll get a chance to get away from her :smile:

Scheiked,
I'll definately take your advice.
2 weeks with my mother...I think i'll need that drnk :wink:

I am going to Prague next week and I was wondering, can I shop there properly and do you guys have any tips on what stores to visit?

Thanks! :flower:

Thought I'd liven up this thread; would be ever so grateful if someone would answer me this time. :flower:

I'm going to Prague this January with my boyfriend, from saturday 'til tuesday.

1) Where to go shopping? I've heard you have Zara, Mango (none of which we have here where I live), looking forward to that. Are there any designer shops? Street names?

2) Vintage shopping! Are there any particular parts of town where I can find smaller, quirky shops? Streetnames would be good!

3) Where to go out in the weekend? It will mostly be a romantic kind of holiday, but we like to party as well :mohawk:

4) I've heard going to the opera is a must; any other sighting you would recommend?

5) How is the weather in January? Very cold?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated :heart:

:woot: That is great that you are going to Prague :woot:

Mango, Zara, H&M are very close all together in the street called Na Příkopech, you cannot miss it because it is right in the city centre!

If you are interesed in designer clothes, visit the Pařížská Street: Hermes, Dior, Vuitton, Boss... all in one street :smile:

If you are interested in Czech fashion, visit shop of
Klara Nademlynska http://www.klaranademlynska.com
or Timoure et group http://www.timoure.cz

... I'll answer all your questions :smile:

weather in January?

+- 5 °C - it can be sunny (but cold), it usually snows (but it depends)

Thanks! That so nice of you! Karma on its way! :P

Oh, a snowy, romantic holiday in beautiful Prague! *hoping..for the snow that is, the romance is guaranteed for :heart: *

I really liked what I saw from Klara Nademlynska; any idea what price range? I'd love to explore some Czech fashion...

Are you familiar with any vintage/second hand shops?

About designers; my finances probably allow any designerwear-shopping, but it would be nice to check it out though. Any idea of Miu Miu, MARC by Marc Jacobs or Diane von Furstenberg are available in Prague?

Are there any places where I can find leather goods? Mainly handbags, I like quality leather bags, doesn't have to belong to any label. I don't know if prices may be lower for leather in Prague than up here...

Haha, maybe I should invest in some travel guide to Prague, not bore you people with questions...But on the other hand, I trust you fashionable people more than Rough Guides :lol:

MARC, Diane vF, Miu Miu, DKNY and other are available in boutique called 5th Avenue - address is: Karoliny Svetle Street 22 (also in the centre)
you can also try Olsson's - on the Národní Street 37

I'm not directly from Prague so I don't know any good vintage shop... :huh:

Price range in Klara's is similar to Diesel...

leather goods: there are shops like Baldinini, Coccinelle, Beltissimo, Eco, Bogner, Leiser .. it is not a problem to find some shop with leather goods... I 'm not able to compare Czech prices with Norway, it is a pity :rolleyes:

Shopping here isn't amazing, but it's quite cheap though. There's a Diesel, small Miss Sixty, a decent H&M, Mango, Zara, Replay&Sons, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Dior, a mix shop Na Prikope called Yanny or something? Forgot, and there's Armani, Calvin Klein/Guess, Paul Frank, Accessorize, .. err I think this is all.
There's a vintage shop on Uhleny Trh and on some other small street in the centre, forgot the name.

http://prague.tv for ideas on nightlife, events, etc. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Prague is so beautiful!

i remember picking up some gorgoeous buys in Zara and Mango on the main shopping street (forget the name)- which is somewhere between Wenceslas square and the old town centre. Lots of cute shops along there. Also the little windy alleys leading off of the Old Town Square towards the river are so fun to explore- lots of bohemian crystal necklaces, babushka dolls, etc. Very cute :smile:

I don't remember seeing any vintage shops (though there are lots of cute seconds hand book shops) or really unique boutiques, but the city itself is so lovely that you don't notice!

Have fun! You will :heart: it!

Does anyone know if there's a boutique that sells Fendi, Balenciaga or Chanel in Prague?

No Balenciaga or Chanel in Prague that I know of. There might be Fendi. But I rather doubt it. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->