Pressing Shop

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Pressing in Paris
Paris
The hot new stop in the heart of the Marais for a certain kind of label-loving man is Pressing Shop.
David Naouri, the boutique's owner and buyer, opened the store in February for what he considers selfish reasons. "When I moved to Paris from London, there were no boutiques here that sold clothes like sportswear," he explains. "I wanted things that correspond to me and to my friends' lifestyles."
The venture has paid off royally for the former fashion student. A 90% sell through, partially achieved by careful pricing (something not quite worked out in France since the Euro came into use) of brands that include Kim Jones, Henrik Vibskov, Les Hommes, Sébastien Meunier, Stephan Schneider, Robert Cary Williams, Ziad Ghanem, Kostas Murkudis, and Peter Jensen. With a stark black interior free of bells and whistles, the focus here is undeniably the clothes.
"People love Pressing because we only buy in small quantities of two or three pieces. They know that they will be among the few people to have what we sell. We choose from a large range to correspond to the diverse styles of our clientele, and we sell at affordable prices."
Look for Gaspard Yurkievich's ghetto-fabulous streetwear collection and the clean lines of Moritz Rogosky's hunting-inspired gear, as well as accessories from Bernhard Wilhelm for spring. Judging from the Polaroids of local high profilers that decorate the outside window of the store, it is evident that Pressing has quickly established a community.
-Marcellous L. Jones

Damn, I want to go to Paris! Thanks, Softie!

I will be in the Marais in four weeks (and counting) so will take a peek! Will this compete with L'eclaireur? similar stock I would think....

Originally posted by helena@Jul 22 2004, 10:48 AM
I will be in the Marais in four weeks (and counting) so will take a peek! Will this compete with L'eclaireur? similar stock I would think....
[snapback]314272[/snapback]​

Wow - what a co-incidence, I'm going to Paris in four weeks too Helena! Will maybe see you at Pressing? Actually it's not really my cup 'o tea. A bit too fashion goth for my liking by the sounds of it, but will definately pop in to see.

i can't tell if it's strictly menswear...

I doubt its strictly menswear. If I understand,this will also be the talents they rep and most are women's wear designers.

Pressing is the best PR company in Europe,imho. You all should check out their site and look at the roaster of designers that aren't mentioned in this article.

http://www.pressingonline.com

actually...now i remember why i thought it was strictly menswear...hahaha...because it says so in the first sentence...DUH!!!...

Originally posted by Scott@Jul 22 2004, 05:18 PM

Pressing is the best PR company in Europe,imho. You all should check out their site and look at the roaster of designers that aren't mentioned in this article.

http://www.pressingonline.com
[snapback]314287[/snapback]​

i dont think the shop has anything to do with PressingPR

Helena & Johnny please do post your opinion if/when you visit
I'll certainly drop by in September, much more of they also host womanswear B)

Okay...I might be getting confused because on their site they just opened up their own shop as well. Unless its just leg of the overall shop???

i couldn't find anything on the site about a shop...i thought at first it might be connected...but it doesn't seem to be...

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 22 2004, 11:26 PM
i couldn't find anything on the site about a shop...i thought at first it might be connected...but it doesn't seem to be...
[snapback]314400[/snapback]​

exactly, i think if it was their shop they would add up the info in their site,
plus featured designers are not Pressing's guest designers

does anyone know where in the marais it is - I always get lost in the Marais - although I always manage to sniff out the suberb kebab/falafel shop! If any of you are in Paris I would highly recommend it for a cheap but great lunch. Do we have any restaurant recommendation threads? That would be a good one to start....

more info

PRESSING - Homme
13 rue du Roi de Sicile - 75004
01 40 29 16 96

Attachments

• image_1746139.jpg
    image_1746139.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 21
thanks runner - i am sureI have seen/been on that street before so no doubt I'll find it.

H

Originally posted by helena@Jul 23 2004, 07:18 AM
does anyone know where in the marais it is - I always get lost in the Marais - although I always manage to sniff out the suberb kebab/falafel shop! If any of you are in Paris I would highly recommend it for a cheap but great lunch.
[snapback]314631[/snapback]​

2nd! I miss that shwarma...

looks good to me.

P.S. Daryl K. is still in business? I'm surprised...

Originally posted by faust@Jul 26 2004, 10:49 AM
2nd! I miss that shwarma...
[snapback]316034[/snapback]​

mmm yes shwarma & a nice cold kronenberg. have you not always lived in New York faust?

Originally posted by helena@Jul 27 2004, 12:34 PM
mmm yes shwarma & a nice cold kronenberg. have you not always lived in New York faust?
[snapback]316534[/snapback]​

No, I'm from Russia originally. I've been living in NYC for 12 years (I was 15 when I left). I just love Europe and I have friends in Paris. I've visited Europe many times. I've been to Paris twice and I will be back (love Le Marais). If only that damn $ would match the Euro again. Actually, I want to move to Europe, if I get a chance. Not England though, no offence - it resembles the US too much (or the other way around). Although I have the fondest memories of Scotland and I would definitely come back many times over. Ideally, I'd love to move to Antwerp or Prague... or Paris, or Amsterdam. And I haven't been to Berlin yet, but I'm going next year. Maybe I'll want to move to Berlin too :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->