Prince Dies at 57

The artist known as Prince has died ... TMZ has learned. He was 57.
Prince's body was discovered at his Paisley Park compound in Minnesota early Thursday morning.
Multiple sources connected to the singer confirmed he had passed.
tmz

:cry:

goodbye, sweet prince
may choirs of angels sing you to your sleep
:(:heart::heart::heart:

That's a shock! Did not see it coming. RIP.

Always the iconoclast, inspiring people in all walks of life, including whoever made this fantastic flowchart that my sister (a big Prince fan) sent me some years ago:

f13b46737e457de64dd444b5ef5b2389.jpg

Pinterest, Jo Ready

Incomparable talent. Incredible singer, songwriter, multiinstrumentalist, performer, producer–it just goes on and on. Today's stars just can't hold a candle to the legend this man was. 57 is too young.

really sad...

little red corvette and delirious were a big part of my early years...

amazing post- tang...:flower:

Honestly f*ck this year ! I can't believe he passed away at 57 and so abruptly. Another irreplaceable and true music legend joins the stars. Not seeing him live , when I had the chance, will remain one of my biggest regrets in life. May he RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is up with 2016? I can't handle all of these icons leaving us. :(

So Sad, such a Genius. His Love Symbol era touched me forever.
RIP!

he (and Andre 3000) changed my life as a creative black kid with no one famous to look up to when it came to expressing yourself. he just did what he wanted and i thought that was beautiful. he was someone i thought was eternal and not of this world. RIP to a legend

Very sad, indeed.

To me, he really was "everything" in every sense of the word. He had everything you'd want in a musician: attitude, look, and more musical talent than we can ever imagine.

And being a product of the 80s and 90s, it was his music that guided my formative years, and his videos that, basically, babysat me when MTV was all the rage.

Oh, and let's not forget the super-cool songs he wrote and/or produced for everybody else: Chaka Khan's "I Feel For You", The Bangles "Manic Monday", Sinead O'Connors "Nothing Compares 2 U", Sheena Easton's "Sugar Walls", Sheila E's "Glamorous Life." Sooooo good, even that Sheena Easton song :smile:

Hey, anybody remember that Gaultier collection from about '02 that was inspired by Prince? A lotta purple, and crimped hair.

Gone, but never forgotten.

Honestly can't believe that we lost David Bowie and Prince in the same year, within months.

RIP !!!!My mom loves him .A Lot of people may not get him but he was truly one of a kind.Pushed boundaries and set the bar high.RIP

Some of the magazine covers dedicated to him. Source prince.org

Attachments

• 0056873245ew-1413.jpg
    0056873245ew-1413.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 302689597381998029_o.jpg
    302689597381998029_o.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 0
  • u8vFEoD.jpg
    u8vFEoD.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 0
  • jLB7Uxk.jpg