my friend sent me this photo of a Prince magnet he saw in San Francisco :blush:

~

:heart:
D8bXrn2.jpg

ywBEBmi.jpg

MoOd9K9.jpg

my photo, nothingbutthe80s.tumblr, trill-arnett.tumblr, xhaverchuckx.tumblr

RIP Prince
Been trying to get online since the 21st, haven't logged in and posted on TFS in so long but this is one of my old haunts where i loved posting in Prince's forum. It's still really weird to talk about him in past tense, i guess i never thought of him as human, he's always been my Purple Yoda. i'm kind of speechless. I woke up to many text and phone calls from my friends telling me about Prince's passing, I just couldn't believe it.

some photos i've come across recently that i really like
IMG_4756_zpsy3dqcorl.jpg

^ photo source: Lipstick Alley

IMG_4742RS_zpsyyobeemk.jpg

^ photo source: Fanpop

Here are some photos i took on Monday night around my hometown where they played the Purple Rain movie in memory of Prince. It was like going to his live concert all over again, of course it's not the same not being able to see him grooving on stage but it was such an amazing experience to amongst so many die hard fans. I've never seen the Tower Theatre with such a huge crowd and long line for a movie but i heard that some of the showings were sold out earlier in the evening. I caught the latest showing because i has work in the evening but it was still a full house! I saw a couple of people dressed up as Prince and I got to speak to one of them and took photos with him and he was so lovely and funny. It was great to connect with fellow fans of Prince. Much of the crowd was singing and dancing along to his performances! If you guys haven't seen Purple Rain in theatres, I strongly encourage you guys to go! It was a great experience and pretty much the closest thing we will get to seeing him in concert again. I feel blessed to have seen him live on his Welcome 2 America Tour in 2011 and i really cherish that memory. I already have plans to see Purple Rain in theatres on Wednesday, Thursday, & Fridays with different groups of friends and working with all of their schedules, I just want to experience seeing that movie with all of them. Already converted one of my friends to being a full on Prince fan and she wants to go again with me and a different group of friends tomorrow.

Tower Theatre
IMG_4717RS_zps9er0rz3t.jpg

Purple Rain ticket stub & my Prince tee-shirt
IMG_4698RS_zpsyjsmw5t6.jpg

photo sources: My Own Photos (2)

It's been so long since i've posted, I've forgotten how long it takes me to compile a post. Ihave omit some of them because it was taking too long, I have a lot of technical difficulties on this site, it's pretty slow for me. I resized the photos so they aren't too big and just posted the ones that I had sources for. I need to go back and find the sources for some other photo before I posted. I posted from my memory of the forum rules :smile:

One of my favorite Prince performances. So much talent. So much confidence. So much hairspray!

Yes, yes, yes to ALL of this. (src: yahoo.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->