Princess Charlene of Monaco Pregnant with First Child

Nymphaea

Reaction score
The Prince's Palace of Monaco released a statement on Friday afternoon confirming the happy news.

"T.S.H the Prince and the Princess of Monaco are delighted to announce the pregnancy of H.S.H. Princess Charlene," read the announcement. "The birth is expected at the end of the year."

This will be the couple's first child together, and the most recent addition to the Grimaldi family. Prince Albert's niece, Charlotte Casiraghi, welcomed a baby boy in December 2013 with French comedy actor Gad Elmaleh. His nephew Andrea Casiraghi also welcomed a little boy earlier that year.

Almost exactly a year ago, the former Olympic swimmer spoke about her desire to start a family. "Now I'm settled and I think kids will come. I don't put any pressure on myself, she added. "If it happens, it happens."

In April, Charlene granted the publication of an exclusive interview in the privacy of the palace with HELLO! magazine's sister publication, HOLA!, in which she spoke of her husband as her "biggest support".

"My husband is my biggest support, the person that I confide in and who knows me best," she said.She posed for the first time with a very special jewel, the Ocean tiara featuring 850 diamonds and 359 sapphires with different colours all representing the sea foam, given to her by her husband.

In the unique interview, we saw a private and determined side of the blonde beauty. "We must fight for what we believe in, forgive, move forward and not give up," she confessed.

The South African-born royal married Monegasque prince, Albert II, on 1 July 2011.

The extravagant wedding celebrations started with a civil service, as is customary in Monaco, followed by a lavish religious ceremony the next day.
hellomagazine

Oh congratulations to Charlene! As soon as she gives birth, she can divorce him and live the life she wants to live. She's not looked happy for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't she sign an agreement in which she had to be married to him for at least 3 years and she had to give him a son during that period? so... voilá. She has taken her time though.

Well, there goes my hope for the Casiraghis. I'm sure Andrea is relieved.

An heir and a spare... in one go: Princess Charlene confirms she is expecting twins
Princess Charlene of Monaco and Prince Albert are expecting twins, I can reveal.
The couple, who married in 2011, announced they are expecting their first child last week.
But taking to Twitter, South African TV presenter Derek Watts - a friend of the princess's father Mike Wittstock - revealed: 'My old Bulawayo schoolmate Mike Wittstock has phoned to say his daughter is pregnant with twins. Congrats Princess Charlene and Albert!'
dailymail.co.uk

So, no pressure ... but twins?

Thanks for posting, Nymphaea. Now I want to see that Ocean tiara :smile:

Twins? Doesn't seem like they took the most traditional route

Twins? Doesn't seem like they took the most traditional route

And let's hope not, as one of his hobbies seems to be unprotected sex with women who aren't Charlene!

Well Charlene is not a spring chicken anymore. Chances being pregnant with twins rises when you are at a certain age. It could be also surrogate, nobody knows...

^ If by chances rising you mean the chances of using fertility drugs or IVF, then I agree :smile:

It's a boy AND a girl for Princess Charlene! Monaco royal reportedly gives birth to twins by caesarean section
Monaco's Princess Charlene has given birth to a baby boy and a baby girl, according to local reports.

The princess was allegedly admitted to the Princess Grace hospital this morning, where she delivered the twins by caesarean section.

The babies are the first children born to the 36-year-old South African and her 56-year-old husband Prince Albert II, although he has two children born during earlier relationships.
dailymail

It is with immense joy that TT.SS.HH the Prince and Princess of Monaco have the great pleasure to announce the birth of Their children named:

- Gabriella, Thérèse, Marie (born at 17h04)
- Jacques, Honoré, Rainier (born at 17h06)
The births took place on 10th December 2014 at the Maternity of the Princess Grace Hospital Monaco.
The Princess and the Children are doing well.

The Prince Jacques, Honoré, Rainier is the Crown Prince. In accordance with the historic custom established by the treaty of Péronne (1641), He shall receive the title of Marquis of Baux (in Provence).
The Princess Gabriella, Thérèse, Marie, second child in the line of succession, shall receive the title of Countess of Carladès (in Auvergne).
facebook palais monaco

Oh this is great. She's only 36? He makes her look much older. Anyway, now she can divorce him hopefully, I mean she's just given him 2 heirs. Doubt it though.

Oh this is great. She's only 36? He makes her look much older. Anyway, now she can divorce him hopefully, I mean she's just given him 2 heirs. Doubt it though.

If she were going to do that, the time for it would be before the heirs ^_^

They seem to be such a sad couple, hopefully the children bring more joy.

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene release first pictures of their tiny twins Jacques and Gabriella

dailymail

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->