'Project Runway' Is a Project, but Doesn't Lead to Runway

i disagree...i loved laura bennet. she is so fierce!! her designs could be considered safe but they're so timeless and chic. she needs to do have a line out already!
Good point. I actually did love Laura, and I loved her final show. The last dress and some of the other looks were so great.

Plus she had great style, and her New York apartment was :heart::woot:

On the other hand, I thought Jeffrey's final collection was pretty ugly.

Jeffrey has a collection at Fred Segal but he complained in an interview he used the winnings to pay off debt and was not "ahead" doubt it
From S1 that guy Scarlett is always my fave

I'm watching now and I'm liking Rami Kashou's work! Turns out he made the aqua dress Jessica Alba wore to the Video Music Awards! I love that dress!

I've complained at the end of all three seasons that I never love any of the final collections that are shown. Out of ten different finalists not one has wowed me, which could perhaps be the general consensus of the fashion industry.

I'm not terribly shocked that nobody has become "the next great American designer".

yeah i figured that out already they gotta try and make it by themselves, the show would already have given them so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved Scarlett, Laura, Jeffery and I aldo found Jeffery very hot :P

jeffrey has a line callede Cosa Nostra which he started before joining the show. so, i suppose he's gone back to working there. it is his own line after all...

By it's 4th season, you'd have to be a fool to think the show alone would create a career for you. It's merely a platform for promotion, but it also traps the winner in the same market as Bravo. At the end of the day, 'America's next great fashion designer' would not need such a show, nor typically want the aassociation of being discovered that way. While I really like Jay MacCarrol as a designer, he seems to all-or-nothing (small town or partying in NY, etc), and would probably benefit more working under a brand or with endorsements for a small amount of time. But QVC and Jay? That's quite...bizarre.

It's like with any reality tv show - Idol and Top Model for example

The contestants are given a stigma because they've been on the show and aren't taken seriously by the industry. This is what i've found with the Australian versions of the tv shows i mentioned anyway..

I really liked Jay. He's hilarious

project runaway should change their name
the price money is good thou and thats how you start your own line

i can't wait to see this season's project runway...there's this annoying guy who worked with mcqueen & westwood in the past (probably lasted an hour at both). he thinks he's god's gift. let's see what kind of "talent" he really has. :lol:

Well this may be a bit off topic but I think you can actually see in his work a bit of Mcqueen and Westwood. He very talented despite his arrogance and somewhat annoying personality. I think he's just young and immature but I love him and think that he's very talented.

But anyways, I know most of us on this site would frown at the thought of selling our stuff on QVC but after other ventures have failed and it's your last choice I don't see anything wrong with it I bet their laughing all the way to the bank and really don't give a damn. haha.

^ale,that's kind of what i was thinking too....what did you do take care of the swatches or something. big whoop. i highly doubt his position was as important as he wants everyone to believe. bernhard willhelm was at both designers(about the same age,mind you) as well and when asked about it when he began getting more press,he never boasted about it as he always said that it wasn't so important. and that all he did was gather swatches and fabric samples etc. this kid wants everyone to think he was actually involved in the design process which never happens when you're only doing internships. he'll learn soon enough. i don't think boasting about that will ultimately make his greatness. after this programme is done,he needs to do good work to be successful. and he needs to get over himself.

TVshow and Business are 2 different things I think.

From what I heard, if you win, Bravo owns a piece of your company should you take the money.

And Jay now teaches design at Temple University in Philly I think.

well, the only Project Runway contestant that seemed to be doing well to my surprised is Malan Bretan. He's been a fixture at Bryant Park twice now.

I used to see Austin in SoHo running around, then he just disappeared. is he doing wardrobe in LA now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->