Senior Project: "alvitre" my own line

I was once told that the best way to price your products is to take the cost of materials, then triple it. That way, 1/3 goes to pay for materials, 1/3 is for overhead (website, shipping, etc...) and the other 1/3 goes to you.

That is how a lot of professional business price their goods, and it seems fair enough.

Wow, wow, wow. I'm in love with your bags. Goregeous! I love the shape, the braided handles (one of my favourites things on a bag is braided handles, and yours are superb.), the colours, and he fact that it's a super soft, squishy looking bag.
Lovely! Can't wait to see more!

thank you so much, both for the pricing information as well as the kudos ibimus! i cant wait to show you all the handles on this python one.....im drooling over it just working on it! (well, not literally.....hahahah....you know what i mean)

i finished it! i have to shoot photos tomorrow and i will post a bunh here of the three finished bags. there's a shopper satchel, a medium satchel and a clutch.....the clutch turned out SO cute! cant wait to show you!!!

jun3, did you see that story in the wall street journal this week about croc and gator farms in asia? v. interesting.

the story also said that caiman skin was very cheap this year because of a glut. could be worth looking into for a possible material.

interesting lucy, i did not see that. if you have it handy, and wouldn't mind scanning it, i'd be interested in reading it! :smile:

spiral~ thanks! i cant wait to show you all!!!

okay, so here's the finished product. :woot:

the goastskin bag, (lighter distressed beige) is what i am calling the medium satchel. it is lined in cotton floral print and has brass hardware. It has a braided handle and snap closure. size 18" wide, 13" tall, 5" deep, handle drop 6" handle length 17" retail $700

20061212_0350copyright.jpg

20061212_0342copyright.jpg

20061212_0345copyright.jpg

It is gorgeous, jun! :heart: I am loving the front layered flap. Did you shorten the handles compared to the leather one? Because they look great.

this is "marielle" clutch (my favorite). the exterior is milk chocolate lambskin with python accents, front slide closure and brass hardware. it is lined in kingfisher blue alcantra lining. the size is 12" x 8" x 2 1/2" retail: $475

20061212_0349copyright.jpg

20061212_034copyright.jpg

20061212_0347copyright.jpg

ALVITRE python and dark chocolate lambskin shopper satchel. Braided lamskin handles with brass hardware and snap closure. measures 17" x 13" x 5". handle drop 8" and strap length 16". retail $900

20061212_0351copyright.jpg

20061212_0343copyright.jpg

20061212_0344copyright.jpg

spiralsnowman said:
It is gorgeous, jun! :heart: I am loving the front layered flap. Did you shorten the handles compared to the leather one? Because they look great.

thank you. yes i did. i thought the length looked way too long on the first one i did in the cowhide, so i made that a point to fiix with the next one :smile:

aloha jun! i know this thread has been up since last year...i only saw it today. but i just want you to know your bags are amazing!!! great stuff!!! well done... :D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->