Pucci Prints: Yes Or No?

italianice283

Reaction score
I am just wondering everyone's opinion on pucci prints right now.
It seems you cant open a magazine/ go to the store without seeing them.

Are you guys already sick of seeing them?
I am considering buying a Pucci scarf this weekend. I really like the print, but for $125, I dont want to spend the money if I'll only wear it one season.
I can convince myself as many reasons to buy as not to buy it....

What do you think?

i like them.

i think you can wear it whenever. the colors may change but pucci will always have a timeless pattern

I don't dislike them, not crazy about them either.
and I'd only own one or two pieces in that print, otherwise I'd feel dizzy.

I'm not a fan of prints in general, but I do happen to like Pucci's prints. I love the color combinations, especially since Lacroix started there. But I like the prints becuase theiy're not like any other prints out there, plus they're always changing, so it makes it new, but still familiar.

Originally posted by MissPurple@May 31st, 2004 - 11:56 pm
I don't dislike them, not crazy about them either.
and I'd only own one or two pieces in that print, otherwise I'd feel dizzy.
ditto

they bore me really and their copies are all over the place

sad to say but i dont like what Monsieur Lacroix is doing for Pucci :(

I only like pucci print in moderation & in the slightly more muted colours - nice as a headscarf for summer. not keen on the pucci bikinis that everyone seems to covet.

I'm crazy about Pucci-prints and pucci-esque prints, be they vintage, retro, or fresh out of the box. I love bright colors and abstract patterns, so I like Pucci or pucci-derivatives. My favorite dress that I own is this insane vintage maxidress in a HUGE repeat of psychedellic orange zinnias which is obviously pucci-inspired.

Again, with the moderation thing. If you wear a wild printed dress, then you need pretty simple accessories. If you wear a wildly printed hat, the other elements of your outfit should at least tone.

Some people can mix a bunch of prints and look cool, but most people can't. If you are not sure, test-drive your outfit before one of your most sarcastic friends.

i adore pucci prints. BUT only for accessories.
a bag / hat is fab. but a whole outfit :dizzy:

Originally posted by italianice283@Jun 1st, 2004 - 12:31 am
I am just wondering everyone's opinion on pucci prints right now.
It seems you cant open a magazine/ go to the store without seeing them.

Are you guys already sick of seeing them?
I am considering buying a Pucci scarf this weekend. I really like the print, but for $125, I dont want to spend the money if I'll only wear it one season.
I can convince myself as many reasons to buy as not to buy it....

What do you think?
You shouldnt follow seasons.. thats just stupid.. have ur own individual style whenever u want to wear it and whatever it may be

i think they are beautiful and young

but in MODERATION

i think that pucci only looks appropriate on holiday.

Pucci prints are fun, whimsy and young... and they've been around forever!! As long as you don't make it a wardrobe staple :doh:

Versace, I don't specifically follow seaons, but I sometimes end up buying a piece I think I will love forever, and then when the following season comes, I am tired of it, or I don't love it as much.....
I am trying to only buy things lately that I will love for several years to come,
as I will be out of college soon, and will have other things to spend my money on....I am trying to get a "timeless" wardrobe, but still seem "tuned in" to whats going on, if you understand what I mean....

pucci is classic...if u buy a piece and wear it in moderation it'll last forever...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->