Purchasing International Magazines Online

orthelian

Reaction score
I tried searching for a thread like this, but couldn't find one.
I am constantly frustrated when wanting to buy a magazine, but there are no stores here that sell them.
Do you guys know where you can order international magazines online?
Most of the time you can only get subscriptions at their own homepage and they may not even ship to other countries...

My usual choice is http://www.uniquemagazines.co.uk since they have a wide range of magazines, pretty good shipping rates and they ship worldwide. Plus they were always very helpful in sending me the cover I need (and even sent me extra copies, if the wrong cover arrived). Only major con - always have to ask costumer support for bubblewrap, otherwise they ship in thin plastic sleeves, which most of the times damages the magazines. :flower:

Newsstand is great, I use it a lot when the magazines I want are sold out here. There many at Colette too.

Great thread, i was wondering about this myself, thanks to everyone for the links.

I found newsstand.co.uk to be fine, until the time they sent me the wrong magazine. I got in touch, to see what happens next - I'd even have been happy to pay to send them the wrong one back - and while they were pleasant in their emails, they asked me to prove it was the wrong magazine, and when I supplied details and scans, they went dead on me. No follow-up, no offer of refund, nothing. I was really disappointed, they seemed like a decent business.

So when things went well with newsstand.co.uk, I didn't have a single complaint, but after that experience, I haven't used them again.

Does anyone know websites that sell old issues together with the new? I mean like from a few months ago.
I know that amazon.co.jp does this for their Japanese Vogue, Elle etc, but are there any others?

what country are you from? i find magazinecafe to be pretty good.

Thank you for starting this thread, orthelian :flower: I've had a difficult time finding websites with reasonable prices and shipping rates.

90% of the times I use newsstands.co.uk. Only con is that is shippings are not tracked so if you are far from the UK (ie. Asia or Australia) that might be a problem. Newsstand probably has the most extensive catalogue of magazines.

I also use magazinecafestore.com (ships worldwide from America). Shipping is extremely fast but a bit expensive so I only use it when I want American magazines without having to wait a month for them to get to Europe.

I also use Colette.fr. Shipping is VERY expensive (they mostly sell clothes but also books and magazines). I only use it occasionally for heavier magazine (ie. Fashion For Men and its 2kgs tomes, Hercules, Hero...)

I ordered a mag today from newsstand.co.uk (I never buy online but couldn't resist Natasha Poly on Russian Vogue). The mag itself wasn't that expensive but the shipping (to Serbia particulary) was huge. Anyway, I wonder how long will it take for it to arrive?
Fontastic, you're from Europe, any help?

I live in Spain and it usually takes 3-4 days. Colette is much faster, it takes 1-2 days to arrive, I shop there almost every month and shipping is always perfect.

Thanks, marcBarna! I guess it will be similar with Serbia too.

I ordered a mag today from newsstand.co.uk (I never buy online but couldn't resist Natasha Poly on Russian Vogue). The mag itself wasn't that expensive but the shipping (to Serbia particulary) was huge. Anyway, I wonder how long will it take for it to arrive?

How much was it? I usually get something between 2 or 4 pounds for shipping from uniquemags.

We're both the same distance away from UK, so I guess it'll take the same as it takes to get here - a week or a week and a half.

^ 33 euros (the magazine was 20).

^ 33 euros (the magazine was 20).

Wow this is seriously waaaaay too expensive for both shipping and the magazine price. I don't think I'll ever be trying ordering from newwstand myself.

^ I know, I believe this was my first and last time ordering there, but Natasha made me do it. :smile:

edit: prices comparison: Vogue Russia
UK: +/-20 euros, EU +/-27 euros and outside EU +/-33 euros.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I buy on Newsstands it usually takes 4-5 days to get to Italy. I don't really know how much shipping is, it's included in the magazine price, but it's not much, I usually pay around 10€ for Details (mag+shipping) and that's less then what it costs in stores here.

33€ is way too much, is it at least tracked?

Colette is way better, sometimes I get it the next morning but it's way to expensive, around 20/30€. I only use it once or twice a year.

My story got an epilogue: Russian Vogue arrived today, about week and a half later. It came undamaged (oh thank You) within a cardboard envelope plus the original plastic bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FR758
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->