Radiohead

Yeah good for them to do that. I usually don't believe anything unless it's posted on DAS.

my brother showed me their music today.. wow, I'm amazed :heart:

bumping this because it's radiohead and I'M GOING TO SEE THOM YORKE IN APRIL WUDDDUP

New Radiohead album due this year :clap:
Radiohead have almost finished their new album - and are looking to releae it by the end of the year.

The band have been working on the follow-up to 2007's 'In Rainbows' for almost a year. Now guitarist Ed O'Brien has revealed that they are almost done - and reckons it could be the band’s best yet.

He told Adam Buxton's BBC 6Music show: "We're in the heart of the record. It's genuinely exciting. It's very different from what we did last time. It’s really nice to be doing this. It's so good to be making music with the band that you feel is still as good as it's ever been."

The guitarist could not confirm any schedule for release, but said he wanted to see the record out sooner rather than later.

He stated: "Ideally, it would be great if it came out sometime this year. It has got to. I hope so. We’re at the finishing line. When you're making a record, a film, writing a book for ages and ages you think the finishing line is miles away. Now it feels it's in touching distance. But of course, it being a creative process, at the last bit also, you have bursts of energy, you achieve a lot of things in a small period of time and then you’re nearly there… it might slow down. But yeah, hopefully it will be a matter of weeks."

You can read the full interview at Radiohead's news service Ateaseweb.

The band are believed to be working with long-standing producer Nigel Godrich.

The group's last recorded output were two one-off tracks last year, 'Harry Patch (In Memory Of)' and 'These Are My Twisted Words'.
nme.com

I'm hoping that means another tour - and me catching them in NY hopefully.
I'm not really excited about their new album to be honest, I love love love them but I'm just scared this is another collage of embellished, previously unrecorded songs.. I know it's been three years and that's about enough time to work on something challenging and more conceptual but oh well.. here's hoping!, I probably grew up spoiled, too used to Radiohead sucking your brains out with every album that their last records have had a 5-month effect on me only.. if that makes sense. :ninja:

oh wow really? i dunno, for me, esp. with IR, is like "always-listening-to-it-in-the-midst-of-the other-albums-on-the-shuffle-that-are-new". the only album i can't do this is TB. rest of it is just always amazing to listen through. something weird happened with A tho. i didn't carefully listen to it all that much and i was caught up on some travel and you know how, when you're on bus, you sleep for just a few, wake up then fall asleep again? well, i was in that kind of weird situation and A came up on my discman (at the time :rofl:) and i was just woken up instantly - the sun was coming out and we were in the middle of nowhere somewhere in Germany - and it all clicked. i dunno how to described it but it was one of the most amazing musical experiences in my life and to this day i can remember that feeling and i really refuse to listen much of A after that being scared of diminishing that moment. weirdo i am, sorry. :runs and hides:

as for the new album, i just have this strangest feeling about it. i mean, for anyone going to DAS regularly,IR was a process that was totally shared with fans with pics and updates while this one is pretty up in the air without anyone really sharing any hints about it, next to Thom's solo tour, it's really producing some weird feeling for me.

You're talking about Kid A, right?
It's not weird AT ALL!, I had the exact same experience with that album but mine was in the afterhours.. one night I couldn't sleep and I woke up at 3-4 am and played it and it sounded so so beautiful and pure.. I totally understood the genius of it right at that very moment, the stillness definitely helped to bring out all its incredible detailing.
I think any RH fan must've had an experience of that sort at some point.. people always think all the praising is so over the top but seriously!, when you experience their music (especially Kid A) without outside elements, in total quietness, when your mind at unusual rest, it's truly an indescribable feeling :heart:..

no, i was talking about Amnesiac. :smile: Kid A is the album through with i've fallen in love with RH.
agreed about the special experiences, and really i always thought that as much as RH is praised it's still totally unknown area for many musical inclined ppl which, from my personal experience, refuse to engage with a music that's praised dramatically and which in turn makes ppl hostile towards it (they loss i guess). imo, RH's significance for music in general is still percieved as underwhelming and i think that in 50 years ppl will come to the conclusion of how actually important it was (esp. Kid A) and how much they pushed the boundries, subtle but amazingly so.

I'm a youngn, but I've been searching all these old bands and artist, (getting back into to playing music) and I had never heard the songs of Pink Floyd until this year, became a huge fan, and I find a lot of similarities between Pink Floyd and Radiohead.

The spacey strange (Well back when I first heard radiohead they weren't like any other band I heard, so I'd their sound is strange/different) type feel they share in some songs for one, both there more original songs favor classical music as there are many little different effects, strange noises, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree MulletProof there is always this otherworldly experience one feels when listening to Kid A.i don't know why but my thinking abilities slows down and just listens...like musical paralysis :lol: i've only ever experienced that before with surprise,surprise Pink Floyd's Meddle. anyways, i hope their next album is great.:D

Kid A, imo, was a spot prediction of the future. it's amazing how relevant the lyrics are to this day. IR was on the other hand, imo, really personal album.

Kid A, imo, was a spot prediction of the future. it's amazing how relevant the lyrics are to this day. IR was on the other hand, imo, really personal album.
Definitely. It took me a really long time to appreciate how great an album Kid A is. I fell in love with In Rainbows instantly.

I want the new album soon as well. I love their music, their artwork, just everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"