Ralph Lauren S/S 2012 New York

Looove the men inspired suits. RL should have scaled back on the feather boas, they work up to a point, but after a while it becomes a bit like little girls playing The Movie Star on Gilligan's Island. I don't have a problem with the loose dresses, but I wish he would also do more fitted dresses.

All in all, a good collection.

The only thing I am grateful towards Ralph Lauren for is the fact that he keeps my beloved Bruna Tenorio in work.

Beyond beautiful! I haven't loved a Ralph Lauren collection in so long, but this one is basically the one to beat for me.

Awww, the cloche hats are divine, and those crochet bags/scarves. I love the suiting and the dresses. He did the clothing for the last Gatsby adaptation didn't he, with Redford and Farrow? Anyhow, an upbeat, fun, jazzy June collection!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get all the ecstatic moods about this show.
Just another blank and boring old-lady-style collection by mr. Ralph Lauren.

I adored this, many exquisite pieces and a flow that made me dream...

That pink perfecto though has really hurt my eyes, it's so out of place.

DAILY MAIL 16th September 2011 - It was a family affair at this morning's Ralph Lauren show.
And while daughter Dylan and son Andrew Lauren, along with the rest of the fully-packed house, were transported to the Twenties, it was only Lauren's wife Ricky who got to plant a congratulatory kiss on the 71-year-old industry veteran.
Fresh from a summer of family weddings - Dylan and son David Lauren both famously marrying in past weeks - the quintessentially American designer seemed to weave sophistication, celebration and femininity into each and every design.
Ever on-trend, the veteran designer perfectly tapped into the Gatsby renaissance that seems to be gradually seeping into current looks.
Kate Moss' wedding, she said, was aimed to capture the feel of the F Scott Fitzgerald story and film director Baz Luhrmann is currently in the throes of making a movie of the seminal New York novel.
We're left wondering, if, like Moss' big day and Lauren's statuesque models, the wedding dress he designed for his daughter may have echoed his current penchant for all things roaring?

From the Skylight SoHo Studios' white glass tiles to the feathered brooches adorning delicately knitted décolletages, the show told its own story of all things flapper.
Actress Olivia Wilde and Vogue editor Anna Wintour were treated to a parade that harked back to the heady days of prohibition-era America, dripping with drop waists, slip-style dresses and cloche hats.
It was elegant, feminine, beautiful - and, to echo a word that has been much-used over New York Fashion Week - timeless.
There were a few misses - an opening 'vintaged' cardigan included ready-made moth holes and some floral patterns were a touch on the chintzy, washed-out side. Stale cucumber sandwich, anyone?
But elsewhere, the collection shone, a subdued palette of pastels - mint green, powder pink, lemon yellow and putty - brought to life by glass beads, feathers, iridescent silk and silver shine.
There's nothing like a cloche hat to instantly transport an onlooker and wearer back ninety years, and the show featured more than a handful of the bowl-shaped head gear as well as lighter, sparkling skullcap-like head scarves.
There was even a newsboy cap, modernised in sharp, clean white, paired with a take on plus-fours.
Sharp, mannish suits with wide-legged trousers embodied femininity - an example of what Lauren does so well: Classic shapes with a modern spin.
Lauren is not the only designer who this week has referenced the era in their work.
Last night's Philosophy by Albert Ferretti show saw drop waists and calf-length hemlines grace the runway and many a fedora has been seen atop a model or A-lister's head.
But it was Lauren, in his own inimitable style, who took the trend and ran, full-pelt, with it.

Pretty collection, despite the fact some suits and dresses look- sorry- like a pyjamas, I love the colors and the 20's influence, oh, and the fact that Bruna got 3 looks:wink:.

I have to say I completely adore the collection, I don't think I've ever loved a Lauren collection before. It's just so fresh, romantic and effortlessly beautiful.

I find many of the pieces absolutely hideous in the same vein as department store prom dresses. Playing up the roaring 20s thing and making the show into a huge production was a smart move, because it helps overshadow just how bad this collection truly is... It's definitely a dated collection, but not in a good way!

I love it! I prefer the lighter pieces, but the colored outfits provide a good contrast. This is Ralph at his best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odel2233
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->