Ray Ban Clubmaster Sunglasses

hmm. those glasses keep popping up in movies ive been seeing ( grey gardens, an education) and im not sure if theyd really fit your face or not at all.

I heard the rule choose glasses the opposite shape of your face. So round faces choose rectangular ones and vice versa. Your face is longer(i assume) so it should suit you since they are rounder.

I do think the black rim may lift your face and shorten (black is slimming) your forehead making your lower face look longer. Maybe you do want to show that off. I prefer balance though.

Its really up to you and i hope that helped.

hmm. those glasses keep popping up in movies ive been seeing ( grey gardens, an education) and im not sure if theyd really fit your face or not at all.

I heard the rule choose glasses the opposite shape of your face. So round faces choose rectangular ones and vice versa. Your face is longer(i assume) so it should suit you since they are rounder.

I do think the black rim may lift your face and shorten (black is slimming) your forehead making your lower face look longer. Maybe you do want to show that off. I prefer balance though.

Its really up to you and i hope that helped.
That was very informative, thank you very much. I just ordered a black pair with gold rims and we'll see how they look. If they do infact make my lower face look longer, I'll go for a tortoise or something... I prefer balance as well!

no problem.

i lost my clubmasters a few weeks ago. i was so upset and then bought another one right away.

menace have you heard of moscot yukel? they make really nice ones as well.

I haven't heard of moscot yukel, they look very much like the clubmasters... (I actually can't seem to tell the difference... are they the same?)

i personally never seen them in real life but ive heard good things about moscot glasses. theyre the ones they use in movies(like the ones ive mentioned).

Love this photo from http://jakandjil.com/ - it's a croc Hermes with RB clubmasters = perfect!

Picture1-46.png

i personally never seen them in real life but ive heard good things about moscot glasses. theyre the ones they use in movies(like the ones ive mentioned).
Oh I see, well that's interesting... because they look the same to me. Maybe the fit is a bit different...

Just got my Clubmasters and I do like them very much when my hair is styled (bedhead, messy)... but conversely, they look quite geeky (not geek-chic) on me when my hair isn't styled and I have bangs hanging down...

I think I'll try the sunglasses out for a while and replace them with prescriptions later after I get my hair cut so it gets easier to style my hair.

love them :smile: they're the only sunglasses i took to uni with me, but im afraid in england i dont get much use out of them LOL

Lady Gaga's little sister, Natali, wears RayBan clubmasters in the music video, telephone.

natali-germanotta-.jpg

blog.zap2it.com

is it just me or is clubmasters EVERYWHERE in the blogosphere?

its in every other photo in the sartorialist and tommy tons photo. rayban is really pushing it to be high fashion gear.

I'd love to buy a pair! I find that the Wayfarers look awkward on me, and I'd like something other than the classic aviators.. So perhaps this will do the trick. Would anyone know if they work on certain face shapes more than they do on others?

with glasses, i believe in the rule of wearing glasses the opposite of your face shape. Round faces should wear square ones and vice versa.

Lady Gaga's little sister, Natali, wears RayBan clubmasters in the music video, telephone.

**don't quote pictures

blog.zap2it.com
I thought that was Lady Gaga... guess not.

Last edited by a moderator:
they are great, but they work best with eccentric styling which is hard for an ordinary person like myself.

i dont think theyre THAT eccentric. Theyre edgier than the wayfarer but thats because its been commercialized again. clubmasters could be too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->