Creative Director - Pascal Dangin
Art Director - Stephen Smith
Art Director - Tiff Chang
Production Director - Marion Liang
Account Director - Tanner Graham

onthecoverofamagazine.blogspot.com

Just typical Klein, and I think this is her best tour book since her Re-Invention one.

Btw she was wearing the same Bob Mackie gown for her "Sooner or Later" Oscars performance in 1991.

I just love this tour book, and it is her best one since RIT.
Madonna and Steven Klein can still make magic, when they want too.:wink:

Very interesting... the layout is certainly a remembrance of 'Sex'

b*tch, I'm Madonna indeed...

The design aesthetic is very Barbara Kruger. And it's all so solid except for the Warhol bit, which makes absolutely no sense within the context of the rest...

Thank goodness this mess of a boring era is over. The awful tour had to be her most snooze-inducing one.

^^Agreed. Glad the tour is over. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast at the show, but if I had to see her twirling around in that damn Gucci gypsy outfit on one more Instagram post (granted I certainly follow a few too many Madonna fan accounts)….

I'm ready for Madonna to scale back the look a bit. I want to see her looking CHIC again. I loved the way she looked in those Versace ads a season or two ago. She looked so strong and the haircut was so fabulous on her. She really needs to - at this point - ditch Arianne and Bea, who are doing nothing for her. No more overwrought costumes. No more old Hollywood hair. And no more sexy cliche tropes like leather and studs and fishnets. I certainly don't want her to "act her age" - I like that she still does whatever the hell she wants…and I want her to continue to do just that, but the look isn't sophisticated anymore. That's the rub.

Madge looks best when she's not suffocating her image in tricks and gizmos. The woman has more to offer than any other entertainer on the planet, so I like when she shows up in a pair of great trousers, a tank top, biceps a-blazin', and some sexy bed-head waves.
04-madonna-versace.w750.h560.2x.jpg

(nymag.com)

Indeed. I am so over Bea's bag of tricks... I would not necessarily want Arianne out as well. She does great things for M.

Madonna Rebel Heart Tour Program

I'm still a big fan of her Blonde Ambition tour book, but this is wonderful! Looking at the images, so many artists/styles come to mind.

Thanks for sharing, MDNA!

This is stunning !!! While I was not a fan of the album, it is impossible to deny that she is a genius when it comes to visuals. Incredible.

i don't get it...
what the hell's going on?

is it her blood, someone else's blood...?
:wacko:...

is she being beaten and raped or interrogated or has she beaten and killed someone?
and what does that have to do with anything regarding the tour or the album?

WTF...

seems totally irrelevant...
:rolleyes:

***b*tch, you are redundant...
(and your lips are almost as inflated as your ego)...

:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
making violence look glamourous/sexy really isn't cool...
it just isn't...
not in any way...

it's not...

^^^ These are actually stills from a short she made with Steven Klein used as the opening video of her last tour, softgrey. From what I can remember, I believe the concept was how the masses worship a figure to great heights, only to knock her down and beat the crap out of her when she's stuck around too long; hence she’s caged and all bloody in a Bob Mackie gown...

^^Agreed. Glad the tour is over. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast at the show, but if I had to see her twirling around in that damn Gucci gypsy outfit on one more Instagram post (granted I certainly follow a few too many Madonna fan accounts)….

I'm ready for Madonna to scale back the look a bit. I want to see her looking CHIC again. I loved the way she looked in those Versace ads a season or two ago. She looked so strong and the haircut was so fabulous on her. She really needs to - at this point - ditch Arianne and Bea, who are doing nothing for her. No more overwrought costumes. No more old Hollywood hair. And no more sexy cliche tropes like leather and studs and fishnets. I certainly don't want her to "act her age" - I like that she still does whatever the hell she wants…and I want her to continue to do just that, but the look isn't sophisticated anymore. That's the rub.

Madge looks best when she's not suffocating her image in tricks and gizmos. The woman has more to offer than any other entertainer on the planet, so I like when she shows up in a pair of great trousers, a tank top, biceps a-blazin', and some sexy bed-head waves.

I think if you’re going to any concert, you’re going to try to make the best of it… I mean, why would anyone pay good money, take the time to go see a performer to not try to enjoy it????? But looking at this offering objectively, it’s terrible. I hope she doesn’t tour for a while and until she has new concepts, cos this tour had nothing to say, and if I’m being honest— it’s a legacy tour, with her performing all these 80s hits in the most flat arrangements. That’s not what I want to see this woman reduced to.

That Gucci-dress and medley section was like some budget-impersonator doing some muzak best-off tribute to M on a cruise line, to a roomful of 70-yos… That entire tour was like Madonna on karaoke.

So lazy that she didn’t even bother having a live singer accompany her for “Take A Bow” and just had Babyface’s 1995 prerecorded backing vocals. Edith’s “La Vie En Rose” is eternal… but it’s not like M doesn’t have any love songs of her own— how about “Rain”….? How amazing were the days when she was accompanied by Donna and Nikki and they harmonized and supported to bringing songs like “Rain” and “Deeper and “Deeper”, and the Drowned World’s version of “La Isla Bonita” (that Gaultier HC ensemble alone…) to such pop heights, along with the visuals of three beautiful women together, instead of this karaoke-fest nowadays with just M pretending to strum a ukulele LOL

Having exacted some tough luv on the ol' girl, I also believe she still has it in her to be able to impress again.

Nnnnnn...Madonna on karaoke. I always like your posts Phuel :rofl:

It's my first Madonna concert experience so I think I have nothing to complain about, she cut the Gucci look in most of the shows during the Asian leg though.

About her acting age, she will continuse to doing so. But she looked glamorous during "Living for Love" and "Ghosttown", and then she had a somersault for "b*tch I'm Madonna". Before they revealed the sketches of costumes, I thought she would dress in a messy Moschino costume, with the dancers in Adidas, to preform it and some old hits remixed by Diplo. And comparing with the MDNA era(Gwen did it better:unsure:), she's acting her age in a good way I think, even though she sings like a little girl in "BIM", I still remembered I was like WTF when I first heard the song, Madonna's version of "Barbie Girl"?! But I actually love it LOL.

I bet she has learnt a lessons from her 2 underperformed albums. Just wonder what happens next.

Madonna Wears $10 Million Worth of Diamonds in Rebel Heart Tour Video: All the Scoop Straight from Jeweler Neil Lane

Madonna brings back that look in her Rebel Heart tour book and for a special video played during her performances. And to help her create the Marilyn moment, celeb-loved jeweler Neil Lane provided $10 million worth of diamonds. (Because when you’re Madonna, anything is possible!)

“I sent hundreds of images of necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. They also sent me the clip of the performance in 1991 so I could review it,” Lane tells PEOPLE of selecting the jewelry looks for the star. “Madonna circled what she liked. She was very involved in the process.”

Lane and his team sent three guards to the shoot to deliver all the jewels, which he estimates weighed in anywhere between 500 and 1,000 carats of diamonds.

The jeweler adds that the whole Steven Klein-directed shoot turned out “magically,” but admits he was surprised when Madonna’s team asked if they could soak the jewels in “blood” (aka corn starch and food dye.)

“I didn’t know how to really respond,” Lane recalls. “This is all platinum and diamonds, but I said, ‘Okay, why not.’ But that’s typical of her. She takes something and twists it and makes it really relevant,” he shares, adding jokingly, “It was really sticky jewelry when it came back.”
people.com

Revolution of Love (Part 2)/Rebel Heart Tour Opening Backdrop
Director - Steven Klein
Celebrity - Madonna & Mike Tyson
Stylist - Arianne Phillips
Hair - Andy Lecompte
Makeup - Aaron Henrikson

^^^ I adore her lower-register voice. That sort of throaty soulfulness she possessed back in the days of "Rescue Me" and even "I Want You" is the brand of raw conviction, passion she burns into her music that no one, even the singers with technically powerful voices are able to do.

Her voice nowadays is so strained. And even worse, the trendy producers she insists on working with reduce her voice even further to a tinny, even timid hollowness. She needs to work with people that will push her, and respect her-- not these trendy kids who don't care to encourage her-- or even care about her; they seem to only want the fame, the brand recognition of having produced her.

She gets so much undeserved hate these days, it's become so disrespectful. Watching her Prince-tribute she was so timid, I felt for her. Her voice was strained, and although the passion and heartbreak was in her face since her and Prince were friends, the singing came off so guarded, like she had lost all confidence and is more concerned with being careful not to miss a note than to bring the swagger, the balls, that I've loved about her. I really felt for her during that performance.

She may not be as musically-talented as Prince, but she's always been way way way more visionary and braver than anyone in pop and rock. I hope she finds her confidence again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->