Recommendations : Books About Fashion & Designers

Fashion at the Edge by Caroline Evans - it's old but quite good.
From the looks of it, this is getting reprinted as a second edition in May/June. Thank god, because I don't want to keep booking it out from my work library or fork out $200 plus...

From the looks of it, this is getting reprinted as a second edition in May/June. Thank god, because I don't want to keep booking it out from my work library or fork out $200 plus...

Debating whether I should pre-order this or not... as if I need another book to add to my "to be read fashion book" pile. :womouth:

Debating whether I should pre-order this or not... as if I need another book to add to my "to be read fashion book" pile. :womouth:
Tell me about it! Still haven't fully gone through my McQueen: Mind, Mythos, Muse book from the NGV take on the exhibition that I bought 3 months ago, and yet I have the nerve of looking to buy more :upsidedown:

Recently picked up the book accompanying the Karl Lagerfeld exhibit, A Line of Beauty, and it’s lovely.

I've just finished Key Moments in Fashion by Hamlyn and really liked it.

Hey guys,

Does anyone have the book Inferno: Alexander Mcqueen by Kent Baker?
hbg-title-9781780675572.jpg

hachette.co.uk

Thank you !!

Nice to see Gaby Aghion/Chloé getting a moment at the Jewish Museum in New York, just after the Karl Lagerfeld exhibit at the Met. It must be a busy year for their archivists!

I'm curious about the exhibition catalogue!

Mood of the Moment: Gaby Aghion & Chloé

51eMyEftsAL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

An exploration of fashion designer Gaby Aghion’s life, career, and legacy at the French fashion house Chloé

As imagined by the company’s founder, Gaby Aghion (1921–2014), the sophisticated, romantic, and glamorous designs of Chloé have captured the energy and aspirations of generations of women since Aghion designed her first collection in 1952. This sumptuously illustrated book centers Chloé and Aghion within the cultural arena and crystallizes a major transition in the postwar Parisian fashion industry, from haute couture to prêt-à-porter. Aghion defined Chloé as a brand of luxury ready-to-wear clothing combining high-end materials and savoir faire with light shapes for active women. Aghion, an Egyptian Jew in Paris, brought a fresh, outsider perspective to French fashion.

Seventy years of archival clothing from Chloé designers are reproduced here, many for the first time, along with sketches, advertisements, and photographs. Essays shed light on Aghion’s life, the company’s approach to fashion, and the ways in which it fostered young talents. The book celebrates Aghion’s daring entrepreneurship and her legacy through the acclaimed designers who embodied and reinterpreted her original inspiration. Paulo Melim Andersson, Gabriela Hearst, Clare Waight Keller, Karl Lagerfeld, Hanna MacGibbon, Stella McCartney, Peter O’Brien, Phoebe Philo, Natacha Ramsay-Levi, and Martine Sitbon offer recollections of their experiences working at the fashion house.

I would love to get some reccomendations of books about fashion! Not 'chick lit' stories about adorable man-chasing single girls wearing Manolos, I want to read designer's biographies, fashion history, that kind of thing!

Please advise! :smile:
Chroma Couture Bible: Mastering Fashion's Color Symphony is an interesting book, a friend recommended that too me, and love having it. It's pricey but it's a new luxury fashion brand

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->