Relocating? ... Housing, Rentals, Apartments, Flats & Roomates

^^ I also need advice on how to find housing in France, but I'm looking for something in the 12th of Paris.. everything I've found so far is either pervy old men looking for roommates or temporary renting and I need something for long term. I'm afraid I'll have to wait until I physically get over there.. and then have to pay for a hotel for however long..

^ Yeah, I am having the long-term problem too. We want to stay 1-3 years but everyone seems to want someone who is only staying a few months at most. :( Then the people who want long-term are not replying to me! If it's already taken they could at least let me know with a quick message. It only takes a second.

I don't know where you are looking, but I've been looking here: http://france.angloinfo.com/

(Click on the area, then click on 'Classifieds' in top right menu, then 'Property for rent' under classifieds on the right-hand side.)

By the time we are in France we will only have a week to three weeks to find a place. I'm worried we'll have to live in a tiny one-room apartment that doesn't even have a cooker.

hey guys, i am moving to NY in mid september and wanted to know if anyone is looking for or knows of someone who needs a flatmate. im 24, pretty neat hehe sorry to be vague at this point but seriously dont know where or how to start looking, would appreciate any help :smile:

Hello! Im moving to Paris to learn french this fall. Anyone who knows anyone who needs a short-term (3.5 months) flatmate?

I plan on moving to London soon...where should I look for places online? I've tried Foxtons, Gumtree, Spareroom & nice room..

:flower:

Hi everyone - not sure if this is the right place for my query but I'll try it! I'm from the UK and have lately been dreaming about working in the U.S, does anyone have any idea how hard it is? I presume I need a visa, are they easy to get?

It's not easy ... and got harder after 9/11/2001. You either need to have a work visa (which has a time limit) or be a permanent resident with a "green card". Work Visas require that you pretty much have a sponsoring employer who can make a case for you that you are already established in your field of work and that is why they are hiring you. It takes money and time to do this ... but first you must find the employer to bring you over.

More information can be found at the US government site. It used to be the Dept. of Immigration and Naturalization But it's different now ... and I forget what they call it now. Google it ... maybe using those words plus visa and United States ... it should be pretty easy to find.

can any londoners out there suggest what areas to stay in and what areas to avoid? i'm not quite sure if there are some areas that are considered "unsafe" so i'd be thankful if anyone can give me some hints! :flower:

a bit of a strange add on but are there any areas that are considered more "young" like shoreditch perhaps?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

^^ theres are so many places, Camden is a good place to live such as kentish town and so on thats still very expensive though!

BetteT thanks a million and karma for your advice! Sorry it's taken me so ridiculously long to reply! It sounds like I'd be better off starting my career here and then looking abroad later, when I can make a case to a company for bringing me over,

I may be moving to Prague to relocate for a new job in fashion. Anyone on here that can give me tips or suggestions. Anything at all is helpful! I don't have many contacts in the city.

Swedish Fashion editor moving to Prague!

Swedish fashion editor looking for a flatmate in Prague!

I have recently been offered a job as fashion editor and stylist in Prague at a major fashion magazine. I will be moving in the beginning of October and am looking for a place to stay (long term). I would need to live in Praha 1 or Praha 2 (Old town or Vinhorady). As far as rent goes I’m looking for something priced at around 6 000 kc – 8 500 kc/month (at the absolute most), including internet. Internet an absolute MUST!

It would also be great to get in touch with other people living in Prague! Do you live there? PM me and tell me more about yourself! Of course any other tips that could help me out would be fantastic so anyone that knows anything about Prague is welcome to PM me or reply to this thread!

I’m super nervous about all of this but also very excited.

Moderators: Please let me know if this is posted in the wrong place or if you do not accept posts like this!

Has anyone tried any roommate finder service????

I'm moving to NY this January and I haven't had any luck on craigslist. Is there anyone here who has had luck finding roommates in other free/fee sites?

Or better yet anyone here need a roommate for next yr? Or know anyone who needs a roommate in Murray Hill? Would really appreciate any info. I'm getting worried as time is flying by and its already October.

:flower:I know it's well in advance, but if any of you are moving to Montreal next summer, or spring, I'll be looking for a roommate then! I have a cute apartment in a great location

HI TFS'ers.

Looking to move to San Francisco this summer of '09.
Going to school to get a second degree at Art Academy University.

Definately want to live in the City. Not out of. !!!

Any one know of a place or looking to move as well, possibly to share an apt or anything available???/ FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ! =)

where would you guys say are the most inexpensive places to live in nyc?

Hi all

First off i'm newbie so will make a proper hello post in a bit, but i will be moving to NYC for 7 weeks in a few days and would love anyone who has time to show me around, having been looking at hostels to stay whilst i'm there so any recommendations would be helpful! I'm a freelance photographer but consider myself quite new, just assisting mainly but wanted a different perspective hence the move to new york, i will be coming from london all by myself so if your about for a coffee just pm xxx Can't wait xxx

hi, i am looking to move to new york for a internship for a month in the summer. any info about rent-controlled short term lets in manhattan? also any other fees i may have to pay for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->