Reprints as Magazine Covers & Editorials

Hemmy

Reaction score
which magazines constantly use reprints as covers?
the only one I can think of is Vogue Mexico and Vogue Latin America.

also I've seen Vogue Portugal and I think Vogue Spain.

Why do they use them as re reprint? they don't have enough money?
Just wondering

I think vogue mexico loves reprints... I don't think is about the money... Supermodels can't travel to mexico of their schedule or Mexico's staff can't go over there... ¨/(I want to believe that) I don't know... probably there is a secret answer

^ I'm sure the schedule isn't an issue :lol:.. they'd go all the way down to patagonia with the right offer..
too tired to think about this right now, but Vogue Australia comes to mind..

^ Australia always uses vogue nippon. We should also have a repeat ed thread if there isn't one already.

Reprints of Editorials

Tried searching this so sorry if there is already a thread like this.
Which magazines are constantly repeating editorials from other magazines?
Feel free to name the editorial and the original magazine source and where it has been repeated.
Some repeat offenders are Vogue Australia, the list is too long. Vogue India and I'm sure there's more out there.

^Yeah def. Vogue Australia cause really it isn't much of a fashion capital to invest and dwell into making original issue though at times they can pull something out of the bag.Can't wait for the Vogue Aus September, this is literally the first time I'm excited for Vogue Aus

Just wondering

For the last 6 years or so, Vogue Spain never used a reprint for a cover.

^ I'm sure the schedule isn't an issue :lol:.. they'd go all the way down to patagonia with the right offer..
too tired to think about this right now, but Vogue Australia comes to mind..

Why are you sure that your assumptive answer is correct and sure? What knowledge gives you the ability to be sure of this and present this as the answer to this industry question?

Just wondering

Yeah, no money indeed, they want great models on their covers, they can't afford to pay them & they have to get reprints. But I'd rather see an uknown model on the cover than get with the damn reprints all the time.

Vogue Taiwan uses tons of reprint covers and eds.:innocent:

Vogue Greece seems to use a lot of reprints - and use them well.

Some magazines do manage to select a better cover shot from a particular editorial than the original magazine did - and on a purely personal level, I sometimes like to see certain editorials get a new lease of life elsewhere, or in a magazine that I will store intact, as opposed to an edition that I'll carve up.

For the last 6 years or so, Vogue Spain never used a reprint for a cover.

then maybe I'm thinking editorials that are reprinted, because i have bought vogue Spain many times in the last 3 years and they do seem to have re prints :huh:

Vogue España does not go reprints in the covers for many years B)Some publishing editoriales are reprints, of Vogue USA and Vogue Paris. But not always. The last cover reprint believe that it was a May in 2002, Carmen Kass.B)All the covers are of own production

Sorry for my english

Vogue España does not go reprints in the covers for many years B)Some publishing editoriales are reprints, of Vogue USA and Vogue Paris. But not always. The last cover reprint believe that it was a May in 2002, Carmen Kass.B)All the covers are of own production

Sorry for my english

yeah that's what i meant, some editorials, especially when they have the "belleza" specials.
I really like Vogue España, to bad about the Lindsay Lohan cover :yuk:

Elle/Vogue Brazil use tons of reprints :innocent:

and i don't really understand, having so many great well-known and rising stars from Brasil you'd think they wont have so many reprints.

but the funny thing most, if not all the reprints covers of any Vogue I have seen are far more interesting than American Vogue :innocent:
with their regular movie stars on the cover

yeah that's what i meant, some editorials, especially when they have the "belleza" specials.
I really like Vogue España, to bad about the Lindsay Lohan cover :yuk:

I like vogue españa because it is for a real woman, but sometimes... :innocent:

The great problem of the magazines in Spain is this habit of giving things with every issue... shoes, sandals, purses of plastic, glasses, agendas, cereals!...It does that many girls buy a magazine depending on the gift, not on the content. Because of it Vogue España cannot be an avant-gardist or shocking, because anybody is going to estimate it.:ninja:

Marie Claire España, Vogue España, Elle España, Glamour España, Telva, Woman, Ragazza... To the majority of buying of magazines the magazine is all the same to them, which they want is a frightful gift and miser :lol:

I like vogue españa because it is for a real woman, but sometimes... :innocent:

Because it is to real women? :huh:

The great problem of the magazines in Spain is this habit of giving things with every issue... shoes, sandals, purses of plastic, glasses, agendas, cereals!...It does that many girls buy a magazine depending on the gift, not on the content. Because of it Vogue España cannot be an avant-gardist or shocking, because anybody is going to estimate it.:ninja:

Well at least they offer those items, here they sell & that's good, at least people feel atracted to buy the magazine, you can't tell if they read it or not nor if the main reason for them to buy the magazine was to get the offered item, I'm sure that most of the people buy it because they read it, I wouldn't buy a magazine that costs € 3.50 (?) just because it offers a pair of sandals & I mean, are those items any good?

"Vogue Espana cannot be avant-gardist or shocking because nobody is going to estimate it?
" what do mean? this doesn't make sense to me.

Well, unless you flip the pages with much care to don't possible damage they will remain intact like they came out from the store, if you actually want to read them & use them like a normal magazine is normal they will get a bit damage, after all Vogue Espana is just a magazine like the others, most people aren't obsessed about having their magazines all very neat. Plus Vogue Espana isn't a bible nor is important like VI or VP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->