February 1988
Model: Kersti Bowser

June 1988
Model: Roberta Chirko

July 1988
Model: Rachel Hunter

bwgreyscale.com via archive.org

Ms Elson by Mr Avedon

Going through this wonderful Avedon thread I saw a small black and white of Diana Vreeland. Did we know that Avedon shot her passport photos? I love that!
Here's a very cute Karen Elson for Versace's huge campaign in 1997.
Joyce Avenue Magazine, Paris, No 66. 1997
:heart:scanned by dioramour

He shot her passport photo?? Wow! Imagine :lol:

Thanks for Karen and the info^_^

:lol: Karen is adorable in that Versace ad. Thanks for posting!

I saw several photography books of his today. Wanted to buy them all but I knew I would have been completely broke if I had done.

I had no idea, but it was he who took these famous photos of The Beatles!

sala17.files.wordpress.com

Avedon shoots Veruschka.

The Avedon book is SO beautiful on it's own and then there are these, one playful and one gorgeous, shots of Veruschka.
If you haven't seen this book get it NOW at your library!:woot:

Veruschka photographed by Richard Avedon.
Avedon Fashion 1944 - 2000.
Abrams, New York. 2009.
:heart:photographed by dioramour

My library... i wish it was that great:doh:

I Have this book the cover is all loveeed

I just purchased the book with a bargain of only 20 bucks. The contents are flawless :heart:

Avedon shoots Veruschka.

Oh hfgl, I'm sorry that I was so insensitive about other cities/countries libraries.:blush:
It didn't occur to me. I was fortunate enough to be in the States recently and a relative in Chicago, Illinois took me to their new library and THERE IT WAS! He checked it out for me and I photographed nearly every page. I'd be happy to share them with you. We need more libraries! And good books IN them!:wink:

And testinofan, Good for you to have it. It's a treasure!
And Flashbang ... well you lucky thing! $20.00? That's fabulous!
Here are a few more of the amazing Veruschka and I'll add more models/fashion if a moderator could tell me if it's OK to put this much of someone's published work on tFS.

Veruschka photographed by Richard Avedon.
Avedon Fashion 1944 - 2000.
Abrams, New York. 2009.
:heart:photographed by dioramour

Oh, you weren't insensitive at all!:heart:
Thank you for more pics.

Went to the exhibit at the MFA in Boston this week !
http://www.mfa.org/exhibitions/sub.asp?key=15&subkey=10331

AMAZING !!!!! Very good exhibition of Avedon ...
Eventhough, the thematic was different from the one I saw in Paris some summer ago, I much prefered the Boston's one.
The display was very good !
The photos they've chosen pretty represent his work, they show magazines etc.
* Meisel has taken some ideas in Avedon's work, clearly !!!

I was VERY impressed by his work about body, volume and motion !
Especially 3 pictures impressed me a lot, among all the others ... One with Carmen + Audrey, another with Penelope Tree, and the other one I don't remember the name of the model, nor the magazine ....
His "classic" work, too, was great to see again (some were shown in Paris) ...

Who curated the show ???

Anyone who is in Boston, nearby or even in nyc MUST go to this exhibit' !!!
(* and the MFA has a great european paintings section, so it is anyway a MUST to see in the city !!!!)

* Too bad the catalogue is 100$ (and heavy) ... But I might get it once I'm back in France ... A MUST in a library !

From the Stylephile section of The Boston Globe (boston.com:(

Skating into fashion history

3 September 2010

A stately British doctor taps a couple on the shoulder this morning at the Museum of Fine Arts. The couple is strolling the exhibition "Avedon Fashion, 1944 - 2000" examining one of fashion photographer Richard Avedon's most iconic 1957 portraits of model Suzy Parker rolling skating in a Dior coat with a handsome male model, Robin Tattersall, at her side. The doctor points to the name on the wall by the photograph. "I'm Robin Tattersall," he tells the gobsmacked couple.

This 80-year-old surgeon, who splits his time between Tortola in the British Virgin Islands and Essex, Mass., was at the MFA on Friday visiting the Avedon exhibition and pointing himself out in many of the famous fashion photographs. Tattersall had no ambitions to become a male model in the 1950s.

But when he needed to make money to put himself through medical school, he started making the rounds at Paris agencies. He stopped by the offices of Harper's Bazaar, and later that day, Avedon was putting Tattersall in one of fashion's most influential portraits.

"Out came this young lad," Tattersall says of his first meeting with Avedon. "I thought he was an assistant. I thought he was a young lad because he looked like he was about 20. He dragged out this long-legged, red-headed beauty. He said 'This is Suzy Parker, take her in your arms.'"

The only drawback to the shoot was that Tattersall was required to roller skate with Parker, and he had no experience on skates. After clumsily falling down several times, Avedon sent Tattersall off on the streets of Paris to learn, where children made fun of him for falling. He came back, no better on skates, so the picture was taken as a still, with cables pulling at the couple's clothes to create the illusion of wind and motion.

Skating into fashion ....

^ ^ ^
What a cool story!:heart:
And he still looks so dapper!
Thanks tigerrouge!:flower:

Yes great story! Thanks for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyboutique