Rick Owens S/S 04 Paris

I sort of miss this Rick Owens. It wasn't over-styled, it was sensual and feminine without losing it's edge and strength, it was fluid, and it was easy.

You mean styling as in makeup and hair? Because the styling for 09 were just as invincible as this one, as were the clothes bare like these. However, yes, his collections has become more "conceptual", but in my book, that is heaps better than "just" sending models with clothes down the runway. But then again, I'm all artsy-fartsy so maybe it's just me beeing silly :lol:

^ No, I don't mean the hair and makeup. That's never really an issue with a RO collection since it's always pretty natural and minimal.

I mean the way the outfits are styled. The last few seasons I've felt like there's too much in each outfit that it takes away from the overall look and makes it harder to appreciate each piece on it's own. The strange shoes, nuns habits, wiccan hoods and heavy layering do give the collections a conceptual impact, but I don't feel they actually enhance the collection because at the end of the day Owens' clothes aren't conceptual. They're easy to understand and very beautiful without the avant garde tricks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So wonderful. I kind of miss this era of fashion...Helmut Lang and the like...simple, relaxed, luxurious, incredible draping, Elise Crombez, glossy concrete catwalks, white lights...that whole aesthetic is so appealing to me.

The closest thing we have to this whole look today is Francisco Costa for CK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->