• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Rick Owens S/S 2016 Paris

khyrk

Oh Yeah!
Reaction score
From mobile gloryholes to mobile 69s? :blink::lol: Those poor hanging girls. :lol:

_OWE0185.jpg

_OWE0281.jpg

_OWE0083.jpg

_OWE0053.jpg

_OWE0153.jpg

_OWE0167.jpg

_OWE0333.jpg

_OWE0361.jpg

_OWE0465.jpg

_OWE0513.jpg

Style

Jesus, this takes pretentious to another level.

Watch and learn Kanye!

I know what I'll dress up for the university tomorrow.

I don't even... I...

giphy.gif

giphy

What is this, Human Centipede couture? Kidnapping made fashion? I... I don't understand the meaning of this. What was it about? Did anyone get that? If you did, could you share it with the class? I am so confused. It's disturbing, unnecessary and completely gimmicky. And the clothes aren't faring very well for themselves, either...

It's stupid and dangerous. And pretentious. I don't get it, but I guess Rick needs a lot of attention, you know, those mobile glory holes, that protest from his last menswear show... He's got a lot of followers, but I doubt they understant this 'Human centipede' thing.

Hey b*tch, WHO are you wearing?

Jackets lovely as usual… the latex? one is a beautiful stand out, or is it some type of nylon? I also love the idea of a waterproof, transparent bomber jacket.
I’m ignoring the rest.

From what I read, it was about strength; female relationship strength, the strength of women supporting each other, sisterhood.

Sure, visually it may look weird, creepy, unsettling, and even comical, but I think that's the point. Rick's work always have that element, but most importantly it asks questions and makes you stop, look and think about what you just saw.

And in my opinion, he's the only designer today that can present fashion in performance art that feels confident and genuine.

Hey b*tch, WHO are you wearing?

A+ :rofl:

"Hey Gazebo today I'm wearing my younger sister. Tomorrow I wanna wear something vintage so I might wear my Mom or Grandma..."

Looks at another friend,

"OMG Anna that is such an androgynous look. Is that your Dad you're wearing?!"

:rofl:

From what I read, it was about strength; female relationship strength, the strength of women supporting each other, sisterhood.

Sure, visually it may look weird, creepy, unsettling, and even comical, but I think that's the point. Rick's work always have that element, but most importantly it asks questions and makes you stop, look and think about what you just saw.

And in my opinion, he's the only designer today that can present fashion in performance art that feels confident and genuine.

That actually makes quite a bit of sense. It's still gimmicky and unnecessary, IMHO, but at least it's meaningful, I guess. Very interesting. Still not a fan of the clothes themselves, feels a bit uninspired.

hahahhahhahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahhahhahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhaha

His inner world is just too much for me. Purely idiotic... Don't need philosophical explanations.

I love the collection! The clothes are great and the shoes are very good. It looks more feminine, more seductive than before. The 2 first looks are very simple, in a good way.
BUT! Even if we hate to think of him as someone who is seeking attention, it seems like he is.
I find the whole "Human Lego" thing embarassing and desperate.
It takes away the focus from the exquisite clothes.

And don't even try with those pretentious explanations, he just wanted to make headlines after his menswear.

Yeah it's very easy to joke, as the punchlines practically write themselves, but in all seriousness there's a very glaring problem with these shock value collections of his lately and that is, quite simply, that the clothes do not rise above the gimmicks. The gimmicks (I'm sorry but the high falutin explanations do nothing for me) become the entire point of the show and, sorry, this is a fashion show after all. Be creative. Be inventive. Try to make something that people feel they haven't quite seen before or at least in a while. Don't ever lose sight of the fact that the clothes are supposed to be the center of attention. They are the point of it all, at the end of the day.

Maybe it's entirely true to how he sees the world, and that's fine, but save it for an installation or performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->