RIP Whitney Houston - 1963-2012

this is completely expected, i am surprised it didn't happen earlier. it doesn't make it any less awful.

:shock::blink:

I can hardly believe this. So unexpected. Was she ill or something?.

She always had * problem, but ironically she was doing really well this days.

Really sad, RIP Whitney, her iconic voice will live forever. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP

I loved her songs as a kid, and as an adult. Such a shame to see this talent lost.

She always had * problem, but ironically she was doing really well this days.
Thanks for cluing me in.. and sorry I had to edit your post. :ninja::flower:

I honestly don't follow celebrity gossip close enough to assume she was on the verge of death so this is truly unexpected for me.

This is her exactly a year ago. She looks fantastic. And there were pics of her from just a few days ago and she looked good. I just don't understand what happened? Maybe a heart attack? I just feel so bad for her daughter.

zimbio

What a beautiful voice. One of the best. I'm still pretty sad... I hate tragedy... but I'm not 100% surprised.

"You Give Good Love" - YouTube this song if you don't know what I'm talking about. :heart: :heart: :heart:

This is her exactly a year ago. She looks fantastic. And there were pics of her from just a few days ago and she looked good. I just don't understand what happened? Maybe a heart attack? I just feel so bad for her daughter.

zimbio

There were pictures of her on Dlisted leaving a Grammy party a couple of days ago and she looked awful. Seemed like she had been partying really hard, if you know what I mean. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
Clive Davis Grammy Party Canceled After Whitney Houston's Death
Clive Davis‘ annual party held the Saturday night before the Grammy Awards has been canceled this evening following the shocking death of Whitney Houston.
clive-davis-party-canceled.jpg

“He’s not having it anymore,” his label confirms to JustJared.com. “It’s been canceled. Very unfortunate.”

Another source tells Just Jared, “There will instead be a close friends and family gathering/grieving tonight.”

Whitney was to attend the party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel this evening. She was found unresponsive in her hotel room this afternoon and was later pronounced dead at the age of 48.
justjared

I am shocked. I thought she was doing better? Ugh such a tragedy.
Clive was always her biggest supporter and believed in her during her "tough" time when most people didn't. Her poor daughter :cry:, what she must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with Whitney's family.

@Nemova: Yeah I saw those, but she didn't look terrible. Just sweaty like she'd been dancing hard. There's nothing in those pictures to suggest that she was going to die two days later. :(

God... the news still hasn't fully set in yet. This is awful.

I am fairly shocked, I couldn't believe it when I read she had died. I mean I know she had her share of troubles but I thought she was doing better in recent years?? :( I feel awful for her poor daughter, especially since the media will probably be focusing a lot on her troubles instead of the good things she accomplished.

Such a shame to see someone with so much talent appear to be so troubled, powerful voices like that don't come around very often. So weird that it happened the night before the Grammy's. I enjoyed her older music but wasn't a super-big fan or anything. My heart goes out to her fans and family but mostly for her daughter, she's only like 18/19.

I was flipping through the channels when I landed on Fox News' report on her death. Even though I wasn't a huge fan of her's growing up--I still believe that she is one of the most important and influential woman in American music history. And I do mean that.

Whitney Houston's Death: New Details Revealed

New details have been revealed in the death of singer Whitney Houston, who passed away at the age of 48 on Saturday (February 11).

The singer was found unresponsive in her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel by a member of her entourage. Paramedics were called and they tried to perform CPR on her, but it did not work and she was pronounced dead at 3:55PM PST, according to TMZ.

Whitney was to attend Clive Davis‘ annual party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel this evening. TMZ also reports that Whitney had spoken to her cousin Dionne Warwick and mother Cissy Houston just before her death about attending the party and that everything seemed fine.

While there have been no signs of foul play, a full investigation into Whitney‘s death has begun.
justjared

I still can't believe it. RIP Whitney :'(
Posted via Mobile Device

Omg my heart literally sank. She was so amazing, it's unfortunate that this is how it had to end, she was doing better. RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lola738
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->