Roberto Cavalli F/W 12.13 Milan

I also liked last season because it was tacky in a delicious way with all the gold and black lace and the beautiful gowns, but THIS IS ENTIRELY AWFUL. I don't even know where to begin. The horrid prints? Those astonishingly hideous skirts? The unflattering frills on everything? The random use of velvet and fur? So cheap and tacky and absolutely horrendous. What the hell happened here?

It is the styling here that's horrendous. Idk, but it's lacking direction. It doesn't come off as serious and opulent as last season, which I loved. Heck, this is way more Just Cavalli than the actual Robert Cavalli label itself. Idk, I do, however, like it, but it's as if Cavalli said "mehh, let's just send blinged out hot dresses, have Naomi Campbell close, and call it a day". It's absolutely sad because he's been producing some stellar knockout collections for the past couple of seasons and then sent this crap out.

This collection really is a calamity. I think it's the most disappointing collection for me this season in terms of anticipation v execution. The styling is just woeful - normally it's over the top but somehow seems to work in perfect synergy, but this... sigh... I just don't know where to start. The silhouettes are just tragic. When it makes supermodels look like frumpy, flustered grannies, then really there is no hope. The only pieces I like look fairly cheap, and would be better suited to Just Cavalli.

I'm REALLY struggling to find something I like. So awful. Especially since last season was such a hit.

This is awful. Who will wear this? And who designs the collection anyways, Eva, Roberto, or both? It's confusing. Anyways, the collection was really unflattering and trashy. And Naomi's dress made her look like she was twice as big as she is. It made Naomi Campbell, probably the world's biggest supermodel, look bad. I hate Cavalli, he's probably my least favorite designer. He makes trashy things, and that's what he makes money on. And this is just his version of "sophistication." Maybe next year Karl Lagerfeld should dress up as him and wear a dunce cap.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow it's amazing.. again!! the first few looks especially, gorgeous sequins

Cavalli was so impeccably sharp until the last year, their smoldering femme fatale...this collection is so heavy handed, it's hard to focus on one element or the other because of it.......what is going on?

Jesus, I don't get this collection, it doesn't look good at all. And it's such a pity because the last ones were so amazing... Guess I'll need more time.

Accessories! (style.com)

00060m.jpg
00090m.jpg

00140m.jpg
00330m.jpg

00240m.jpg
00270m.jpg

00380m.jpg
00420m.jpg

I find myself in a strange position where I'm really drawn to this despite the mess that is. I actually really like the fur mini skirts:ninja: I think I just run off into oblivion now...

umm, i actually kind of like this collection. Not a great collection in my opinion, but it's still good. There are good stuffs there.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->